Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth on a sunday?

• 04-11-2007 2:24pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...tumble...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ja, very much the dead zone. That's why I come back to Dublin for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Yup always is dead.

Dam poxy lecture at 9am on Monday (had a lecture at that time as well last year) means I have to go up on a Sunday night.

I shall be down there at 7pm its the latest I can go down at because of stupid public transport. If i was driving I would only go down at midnight.

Friday is pretty dead as well but that is more depressing IMO.

Dont worry kids next semester im not in till 12 on Monday though im in on Friday which I never have been. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I dunno, I kind of like the calmness of it all. Very laid back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

eamoss wrote: »
    I shall be down there at 7pm its the latest I can go down at because of stupid public transport. If i was driving I would only go down at midnight.

I have this problem too, stupid early trains. I can't understand why there isn't even an 8pm train.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I dunno, I kind of like the calmness of it all. Very laid back.

Normally that's how i feel but today is just ****ing dull. Prob cos there's no good football on. West ham bolton? no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Never been there on a sunday but normally have Fridays off except for when I forget to hand in assignments and it's really empty on a Friday.

Damn arts students :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hey! I'm arts and I'm in on a friday...well technically I am, I'm rarely present though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm going to miss boring Maynooth Sundays. Nursing our hangovers in the Roost all day. Don't diss it, there's something very relaxing and calm about this place on a Sunday. I'm getting all sentimental now that I'm finally leaving. Boo hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Hey! I'm arts and I'm in on a friday...well technically I am, I'm rarely present though.

I read that as , ''I rarely present though''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Maynooth used to be excellent on sunday nights... all changed when the roost upgraded... there used to be a pile of bags inside the door from about 8pm onwards where everyone got off the bus and straight in.. great atmos in the old marble bar...now (closed) cocktail bar... miss those days! Anyone remember these days or am I showing my age? does my post belong in the retro thread!?! :)

• Advertisement

ah yes and the tiny upstairs with the lovely red carpet?? who could forget that? Strangely i remember getting asked for id by paddy on my first time in there...
    It was all so new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Maynooth used to be excellent on sunday nights... all changed when the roost upgraded... there used to be a pile of bags inside the door from about 8pm onwards where everyone got off the bus and straight in.. great atmos in the old marble bar...now (closed) cocktail bar... miss those days! Anyone remember these days or am I showing my age? does my post belong in the retro thread!?! :)

Man, the roost was so much better then. It's a right kip now. Boo to time passing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

You can all come visit me in Dunnes, and not mess up the displays.

Purposely going to dunnes next sunday to jumble stuff around. that'll pass at least an hour... me joke-o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

It was a kip then, it's nice now, but I preferred the Kip! I remember the basins and buckets on the floor from the leaky roof down towards the jacks... Did anyone buy any of the old roost in the auction?! I tried to bid on a barstool but they didn't aution them in the end...
    Would love to recreate the old roost somewhere... :(
    I have pic of paddy when he really did have a handlebar moustache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Yes, that's definitely Retro material. Have they stopped showing films in the Aula Maxima on Sunday nights? They always used to have intervals half way through so they could flog fags and minerals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ha ha, I love this retro thread :) Yes, I remember those days well, I also remember Paddy handlebars when he had a proper handlebar moustache and very fetching it was too :D

It was a complete kip but it was brilliant. It was the kind of place where you could vomit into a pint glass and leave it somewhere without anyone batting an eyelid...nice! Despite that, it was great, a proper student bar and if you needed a break from the madness of the marble bar and cocktail lounge you could go into the old mans bar. I supped many pints in the old Roost and while the new place is impressive it doesn't hold a patch ont he dark, smelly old place :)

Maynooth on a Sunday was great when they showed the Aula Maxima films alright! £1 on the door and a great laugh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Ok, here's retro...
    How about old caulfields?
    Back in the good old days before ANY refurbishment, where the old men sat down the back, and teh students sat up around the front, and the little snug corner in the middle?
    the open chicken sandwiches - yum!
    i used to go in there and do my assigments with copious amounts of hot port when i was an undergrad.
    and every sunday evening everyone would pile in there for the guinness.
    them, i say them, were the days.
    [end of retro rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

you're all old

you're all old

Old enough to dance the funkychicken.

ah yes old caulfields... the memories

• Advertisement
Advertisement