Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any info on "Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion"?

Options
  • 04-11-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows when this car will be sold in Ireland,
    and much will it be retailing for?

Regards,
    Scliffy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

No idea when its coming, if its coming or the price. But it is coming, expect to hear about it sooner rather than later(as in before next year, they will want to have it available for delivery in Jan 08 if they want to bring it in here).

But what you need to know is that it is the most economical car you can buy, even more economical than any Hybrid you dare mention thats on sale in this country and produces less CO2 emissions too, 99 g/km of CO2, average fuel consumption a whopping 72.4 mpg, and it will go with a surprising turn of speed I would guess, since it is kinda stripped out to save fuel.

I was in a 1.4 TDI Polo yesterday(old type Polo with 74 bhp),and apart from the fact that it sounded exactly like a petrol engine with 3 cylinders apart from when you open the door and could hear good old diesel rattle(you wouldn't know it was a diesel on the inside except when you look at the rev counter and start it up), it also overtakes far quicker than any car with 74 bhp has a right to, I would go as far to say that it overtakes as well as my 1.8 petrol Volvo which has 125 bhp(thats what all the torque is for), though admittedly, I wasn't the driver, so I don't know for sure, but I do know I was extremely impressed at how quick it goes all things considered.

I mean if a 74 bhp diesel in a Polo is as quick as a 125 bhp petrol in an S40, it just goes to show how good diesel is in the real world(I know if I haad a race around a track my petrol Volvo would win hands down, but power and torque while related are nevertheless quite different things), that in spite of there being a 51 bhp power gap, all the torque made up for it.(I'll be the first to admit, I'm not being terribly fair, my Volvo is an awful lot heavier than a diesel Polo, but it does give you some idea of the importance of torque in real world applications in relation to a car's performance).

Advertisement