Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

returning a xbox to microsoft

• 04-11-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

a friend of a friends xbox died 3 red lights of death he couldnt be arsed sending it back to get a new one, is it worth me buying his broken one and chancing my arm to get it replaced?If so what do I need to send away?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You just need the serial number on the back.
    I'd ring them up and see if they will fix it (they should do) before buying :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

mcgovern wrote: »
    You just need the serial number on the back.
    I'd ring them up and see if they will fix it (they should do) before buying :D

Yeah that would be the best thing to do. Just make sure you have the serial number on hand as they might ask you for it, also is it still under warentee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Was just wondering the same thing. Do you need a store receipt with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

You don't need a receipt, just give them a ring and have the serial number handy. They'll take some details, including email address, and you'll get a link emailed to you with instructions and a UPS shipping label. I got mine back within 2 weeks, although I was told 6 weeks so went out and bought an Elite in the meantime :S.
    Can't really understand why your mate wants to throw away money for the sake of a 5 minute call, UPS will even collect the box from you.

Here's the number to ring:

1 800 509 186

or +353 12420758 from a mobile phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Damn disc drive just crapped out. Made a loud grinding noise and now it won't read anything, gonna have to see if they'll take it back because I think it's more than a year since I got the console.

• Advertisement
Advertisement