Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL 2008 transfer/rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

€0.00 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

is this A league happening or what? its been rumoured for years or has it been scrapped now seen as an all ireland league is being "rumoured"???

is this A league happening or what? its been rumoured for years or has it been scrapped now seen as an all ireland league is being "rumoured"???

"A" League is happening, probably kick off in June.

There is no Kerry team in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Alan Matthews confirmed as City manager

http://corkcityfc.ie/index2.htm

Matthews OUT!!!

gimmick wrote: »
    Matthews OUT!!!
    Cork City = The New Bohs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

gimmick wrote: »
    Alan Matthews confirmed as City manager

http://corkcityfc.ie/index2.htm

Delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

DesF wrote: »
    Cork City = The New Bohs :rolleyes:

Puh. This a major step backward. I just wonder what he is going to do with the last 18 months of his 2 year sebattical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mulcahy and Mooney offered deals by Matthews last week, Mooney in england atm praying for a gig, mulcahy unattached.

Was farrelly released?

Mulcahy will be the signing for the pre season jammy gits he could go nearly fulltime with you and still run his company.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Torres to Bray.

Des PM.

(so this is wat this thread looks like! ;))

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Torres to Bray.

Des PM.

(so this is wat this thread looks like! ;))

i will create a Premier League Champions thread, you can ahve a look at a new and foreign thread there too :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ouch! :(

OK folks.

A year ago I was pimping a website all over the place, it was to be a League Of Ireland Central kind of thing. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we had to put it on hold and we didn't want to be launching in the middle of the season.

We've been working on it for a couple of months, and we are close to a "go live" date.

Basically, it will be a centre for all LoI News, there will be previews of every game, every week. Live updates from every game (Goal flashes, bookings, sendings off, penalties) from every game, and then post match reports.

All press releases from the clubs, and the FAI will be contained within. There will also be features on a (we hope) weekly basis.

Now. We are looking for people (volunteers initially) to help us with the content side of things. We have most of the clubs covered, but could do with a few extra bodies on the ground, so to speak. If you would like to get involved, drop me a PM.

Oh yeah.

the url is

http://www.extratime.ie

Go there now, and sign up please. The more interest we can show, the better potential for gaining sponsors and advertisers.

Please try to help make this a success, it si badly needed for Irish Football.

Cheers

Des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

oh i can imagine the chants now

DIRTY DUBLIN BANKER

and

F*CK OFF BACK TO BANKING, F*UK OFF BACK TO BANKING LA LA LA LA

oh, and the one that was thrown about by the anti rico heads

SACK THE DUB

the only good thing i can see from this is that maybe, just maybe, Mathews knows what a tracker mortgage is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I feel sorry for Alan ending up down in langerland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Mulcahy and Mooney offered deals by Matthews last week, Mooney in england atm praying for a gig, mulcahy unattached.

Mulcahy will be the signing for the pre season jammy gits he could go nearly fulltime with you and still run his company.

kdjac
    I thought Mulcahy had already signed for Shels?

Sporting Fingal could be making an announcement on a new signing later today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

OK folks.

A year ago I was pimping a website all over the place, it was to be a League Of Ireland Central kind of thing. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we had to put it on hold and we didn't want to be launching in the middle of the season.

We've been working on it for a couple of months, and we are close to a "go live" date.

Basically, it will be a centre for all LoI News, there will be previews of every game, every week. Live updates from every game (Goal flashes, bookings, sendings off, penalties) from every game, and then post match reports.

All press releases from the clubs, and the FAI will be contained within. There will also be features on a (we hope) weekly basis.

Now. We are looking for people (volunteers initially) to help us with the content side of things. We have most of the clubs covered, but could do with a few extra bodies on the ground, so to speak. If you would like to get involved, drop me a PM.

Oh yeah.

the url is

http://www.extratime.ie

Go there now, and sign up please. The more interest we can show, the better potential for gaining sponsors and advertisers.

Please try to help make this a success, it si badly needed for Irish Football.

Cheers

Des

Are those of us who put in our email adresses for updates last year going to get them or should we sign up again?

bohsman wrote: »
    Are those of us who put in our email adresses for updates last year going to get them or should we sign up again?
    Sign up again please, afaik the last list was "lost" somewhere on a broken hard drive :rolleyes:

Also, we have completely restructured the Database and software running the site.

Thanks.

Dave Mulcahy the good one, was on a short term deal with Waterford havent heard he signed a new one but Cork would suit him.

kdjac

Sign up again please, afaik the last list was "lost" somewhere on a broken hard drive :rolleyes:

Also, we have completely restructured the Database and software running the site.

Thanks.
    should people who put themselves forward as contributors do so again?
    Dave Mulcahy the good one, was on a short term deal with Waterford havent heard he signed a new one but Cork would suit him.

kdjac
    that's who I was thinking of, always get the names mixed up

• Advertisement

should people who put themselves forward as contributors do so again?
    Yeah, actually, thanks.

Check your PMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sporting Fingal could be making an announcement on a new signing later today...

Davy Byrne and Conan Byrne :eek: supposedly signed for them according to the Herald yesterday

it seems Sporting Franchise are ready to buy their way to the A League or the 1st division title (if Kilkenny pull out of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

I feel sorry for Alan ending up down in langerland.

Was he kidnapped:confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'm going to enjoy hating Sporting Fingal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DSB wrote: »
    I'm going to enjoy hating Sporting Fingal.

i'm hating them already and they haven't played a match yet :D /jealous

they're a rich Dublin City, on top of what they've got they have a 250k sponsorship deal too (fair play on that), supposedly throwing cash at Premier Division names, apparently they're going to have a budget bigger than any 1st division club even if they're playing in the A-league this season

if Buckley has the cash he can do whatever he likes with it but the last thing the league needs is another soulless franchise in the Dublin region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Davy Byrne and Conan Byrne :eek: supposedly signed for them according to the Herald yesterday

it seems Sporting Franchise are ready to buy their way to the A League or the 1st division title (if Kilkenny pull out of course)

Conan Byrne lives in Swords, so I'm guessing that's one of the reasons behind it. I'm sure there are more.

• Advertisement

Who will go see them though?

An Citeog wrote: »
    Conan Byrne lives in Swords, so I'm guessing that's one of the reasons behind it. I'm sure there are more.

that's what i thought initially myself. he wanted to be full time at ucd (help out coaching in our academy which we're setting up) but we couldn't offer him that. fingal offered him a contract, part time same money as ucd, he turned it down. fingal offered him what he wanted and now he's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Harpal Singh and Michael McGinlay are, as Mary Hannigan might say if she ever wrote about football on this island, no longer part of Bohs manager Pat Fenlon's plans.

The FAI have released some figures in relation to the new Salary Cap.

Some of them are worrying to say the least.

http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/news-centre/news/news-141/index.xml

Taking bleedin' ages to load the page. Fair play to the FAI on a fully functioning LoI Website :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway
    The Salary Cost Protocol is a criterion of the FAI Club Licensing Manual, which will help bring financial stability to the eircom League of Ireland. It was first introduced in June 2006 and was effective from the 2007 season. However, the protocol will be mandatory from the beginning of the 2008 season.
    Hmm, until the clubs get their way that is.
    “The licensee (club) must not incur related expenditure on player salary costs greater than 65% of its relevant income for the corresponding financial year. The club must also at no point during the season have projected year end related expenditure on player salary costs greater than 65% of its projected year end relevant income”

Now here's the figures.
    Financial Facts for eircom League of Ireland clubs
    Based on 2006 Financial Statements

11 – Number of clubs spending more than 65% of revenue on salary costs
    3 – Number of clubs spending more than 100% of revenue on salary costs.
    77% - Overall % of revenue spent by clubs on salary costs

€4.6m – Pro Rata 12 month losses for the league.
    €3.5m - The amount which would have been saved had the Salary Cost Protocol been operational in 2006
    €159k - The average saving for each of the 22 eircom League of Ireland clubs

Recent UEFA benchmarking reports showed the average salary to turnover % in Europe to be 54%. At 77% the eircom League of Ireland is 23% above average.

11 Clubs spend more than 65% of turnover on wages.

3 Clubs spend more than 100% of turnover on wages :eek::eek: How are these clubs sustaining themselves ffs? This is cheating imo. And the clubs need to be pulled up on it. No club should operating at a loss.

Some other stuff, explainations etc.
    What is “Relevant Income”?

Relevant Income is all revenues earned by clubs during the year with two exceptions:

1. Income streams which must be ring fenced against a particular expenditure (i.e. European Preparation Grants or Club Promotions Contributions) cannot be included in the Relevant Income figure.
    2. Only the profit element of bar income can be included.

This next bit gets Pats and Drogs off the hook :rolleyes:
    Are Investors Funds included?

Yes, income contributed by investors can be included as “Corporate & Private Investment” so long as the investment meets three criteria:

1. The funds must be non-refundable;
    2. The funds are not in the form of an equity investment;
    3. The distribution of the funds is at the sole discretion of the clubs executive management.

This will ensure that the funds used to pay players salaries are club funds and not simply loans used to cover the cost.
    Sanctions for going over the cap
    What Sanctions can be applied?

The FAI Club Licensing Committee will have the power to apply any one or combination of the following;

• Reprimand
    • Fines
    • Transfer Embargo
    • Points Deduction
    • Prize Money withheld
    • Removal as eircom League of Ireland's European Representative
    • Withdrawal of licence

Oh arent we bastards getting millionaire buisnessmen to invest in our teams, we should be ****ed out of the league. Cant have irish people pumping money into EL teams. They should be pumping money in sunderland insteand a proper irish team.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sanctions for going over the cap
    My goodness Desmond. If I didn't know better i'd say you'd prefer it if Pats and Drogs went out of business and damaged our national league even further. Is it not a good thing that "this next bit gets Pats and Drogs off the hook"? Surely that :rolleyes: should be a :)

Oh arent we bastards getting millionaire buisnessmen to invest in our teams, we should be ****ed out of the league. Cant have irish people pumping money into EL teams. They should be pumping money in sunderland insteand a proper irish team.

kdjac
    Pighead wrote: »
    My goodness Desmond. If I didn't know better i'd say you'd prefer it if Pats and Drogs went out of business and damaged our national league even further. Is it not a good thing that "this next bit gets Pats and Drogs off the hook"? Surely that :rolleyes: should be a :)
    Meh, I'm a bitter bastard.

Sue me.

As KdjacL is wont to say on occasion.

I don't support the other teams, I support Shels. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

kdjac

bohs, cork and derry are battling to sign darren quigley.

Bermingham undecided on his future, hopefully he goes to pats but english clubs sniffing about too.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

kdjac

So the FAI should not learn any lessons from Dublin City and Shels and let you spend more than 100% of your turnover on wages?

Seriously?

What happens to Pats if this Kelleher character ups and leaves. He is nothing more than a property developer after all. Once he has Richer, he be gone.

What then, he may have flooded money in, but that will only last to a point.

What then?

"oh, but he won't go, he has promised us". :rolleyes:

No more Kilkenny, it seems.
    Kilkenny withdrawing Kilkenny City officials will confirm today that the club is withdrawing from the League of Ireland, 22 years after they were elected to membership, writes Emmet Malone .

Founded in 1966 as EMFA - the original members were drawn from Emmet Street and Fatima Place - the club moved to Buckley Park the early 1970s before buying the ground in 1979 and steadily developing it since.

The club had consistently struggled to attract significant support and lack of finance meant that it spent the bulk of its existence in the first division. In recent times, chairman Jim Rhattigan admitted last night, it had become harder to keep making ends meet and he said that the time had come for "a reality check".

The club may enter a team in the under-20 league for next year and it is hoped that the greater availability of Buckley Park will allow the local community great access to the ground. The stadium is also set to host at least one under-21 game over the coming months. Sporting Fingal are the most likely candidates to replace Kilkenny in the league.
    © 2008 The Irish Times

Oh great.

Sporting Fingal to replace them.

I live in Fingal :eek:

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM Des :D

So the FAI should not learn any lessons from Dublin City and Shels and let you spend more than 100% of your turnover on wages?

Seriously?

Oh the FAI ....god heres me thinking that every EL fan wanted to see investment in the clubs but they dont ....unless it theirs.

Any investment is lost money Kelleher is well aware of that as per the agreement pats signed.
    What happens to Pats if this Kelleher character ups and leaves. He is nothing more than a property developer after all. Once he has Richer, he be gone.

What then, he may have flooded money in, but that will only last to a point.

What then?

"oh, but he won't go, he has promised us". :rolleyes:

He already has richer and 7 of the 13 houses facing it, he already has the park behind it and the hill beside the camac, he has half the factories behind the inchicore end and the other half just got PP for apartments by someone else. He has spent more on pats than he could ever make back, damn property slump eh? :D

So by your all knowing logic Desf now he owns Richmond park which he does every single blade of grass on it and has done since last feb....why is he still here funding us to the tune of 3 million a year and building a stand ?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Oh the FAI ....god heres me thinking that every EL fan wanted to see investment in the clubs but they dont ....unless it theirs.

Thats not the point and well you know it. Its about sustainable financial planning and the need for clubs to run their affairs properly. All the clubs agreed that the Shels and Dublin City fiasco's where teams were paying more than their turnover in wages was unnacceptible and had to stop.
    Any investment is lost money Kelleher is well aware of that as per the agreement pats signed.

Then its not an investment, is it. Thats the fundamental flaw in your argument.

I happen to know one of your new board and I accept they have legitimate and real plans and ambitions for your club. But the rules are the rules, and in this instance its a neccesary rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Why do Bohs want him, Murphy isn't leaving is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Kilkenny are gone :(

Kilkenny are gone :(

Yep.

hey Ronan.

Any word on a squad for you lot? Or are yiz doing a Shels on it and not getting players until the end of Feb?

Thats not the point and well you know it. Its about sustainable financial planning and the need for clubs to run their affairs properly. All the clubs agreed that the Shels and Dublin City fiasco's where teams were paying more than their turnover in wages was unnacceptible and had to stop.Then its not an investment, is it. Thats the fundamental flaw in your argument.

Borrowing to pay wages and not paying loans back, borrowing without having a means to pay them back is what the FAI is stopping or not stopping as has been proved by cork shels and longford. Sustainable planning based on income is great, but our owner can and should be allowed do whatever the hell he wants with his money and his club. Thats the part the big 6 (lol) had an issue with clarification on monies not derived from club income. FAI also made a point that our pub cant be used as income to the club.

Call it investment /pissing money down the drain or whatever but its not income and to the clubs who can get this type of money it was an issue they had with the fai.

I happen to know one of your new board and I accept they have legitimate and real plans and ambitions for your club. But the rules are the rules, and in this instance its a neccesary rule.

Necessary to what extent, that noone can buy a club in the EL and force it into a fulltime setup with their own money?

kdjac

FAI also made a point that our pub cant be used as income to the club.
    :confused:

Did they?
    2. Only the profit element of bar income can be included.

:confused:

Did they?

Our bar isnt in the/or part of the ground seemingly :rolleyes:

kdjac

Really hope Sporting Fingal aren't given the spot in the First Division.

Our bar isnt in the/or part of the ground seemingly :rolleyes:

kdjac
    So it's just a seperately owned Kelleher building?

He can't use his money from income on other buildings to fund the club either.

Seems fair to me.:confused:

DSB wrote: »
    Really hope Sporting Fingal aren't given the spot in the First Division.
    Meh, with the kind of money they have behind them they'll be in there next season anyway.

Hmm.

This looks like Franchise Football as we all feared it would turn out.

Makey-up teams in makey-up areas, with makey-up fans.

• Advertisement

Sporting Fingal to be offered First Division place

Sporting Fingal will be offered the opportunity to replace Kilkenny City in the Eircom League of Ireland First Division.

Reacting to the decision of Kilkenny City to resign from the Eircom League of Ireland, Director Fran Gavin, said:

“Kilkenny City’s decision to resign is based on practicalities. They do not have sufficient people on board to meet the demands now being placed on clubs in an effort to raise standards throughout the league.

“When the FAI took over the running of the League we said that there would be a realignment as the demands on clubs to adhere to higher standards increased and this is an example of this.

“Kilkenny City were a well run club. They had very good facilities at Buckley Park and managed their finances prudently but they had reached a crossroads. After a period of reflection they decided that they didn’t want to push on to the next level and I fully understand that and compliment them for their honesty.

“The objective of the Football Association of Ireland is to create a League of Ireland that contains well run clubs, living within their means and offering the best possible facilities to players, officials, spectators, sponsors and media. I have no doubt that other clubs will arrive at the same crossroads as Kilkenny and face the same questions and I hope they answer them as honestly as Kilkenny have.”

“The vacancy that now exists in the Eircom League of Ireland First Division will be offered to the highest placed team in the recent IAG process for the A Championship which is Sporting Fingal.”

He can't use his money from income on other buildings to fund the club either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Spire

Shame that :D

kdjac

Advertisement