Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

listen to this 3 story......!

• 04-11-2007 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

these guys are unreal.

I told them to cancel the unlimited bb add on for my n73, wrote it on the back of a cheque 3 weeks ago, and also told a cs rep in the hope that they wouldnt bill me for it this month

but they did of course, duh.

so they said i can use the ultd bb for this month and next month is will stop (december).

anyways, i downloaded drivers last night on the n73 and went out to the boozer, i was just fooling around with my bill on the phone last night and saw the current spending go from 9e to over 50e......so i was like wtf

three rung me back today after i complained this morning, they said i was charged for downloading the drivers apparently.???!!

the lady goes mr xxxx what did you download, i said it doesnt matter, you charged me for ultd bb and i can use the 2gig cap so as i wish. she said its ok to use it for the internet and etc (if it works) but not for downloading files.

basically i said to her this is bs and i said im not paying this and hung up.

3 are incredible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

in fact they can keep my number, i dont think i will bother paying anymore bills at all, i am going to japan anyways next yr so i dont give a flying fcuk about them with their carry on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

legs11 wrote: »
    she said its ok to use it for the internet and etc (if it works) but not for downloading files.
    she does realise that every time you go to a page it downlods the html file and any pictures etc that are on the page? i really really haten those people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

these guys are unreal.

I told them to cancel the unlimited bb add on for my n73, wrote it on the back of a cheque 3 weeks ago, and also told a cs rep in the hope that they wouldnt bill me for it this month

so they said i can use the ultd bb for this month and next month is will stop (december).

anyways, i downloaded drivers last night on the n73 and went out to the boozer, i was just fooling around with my bill on the phone last night and saw the current spending go from 9e to over 50e......so i was like wtf

three rung me back today after i complained this morning, they said i was charged for downloading the drivers apparently.???!!

the lady goes mr xxxx what did you download, i said it doesnt matter, you charged me for ultd bb and i can use the 2gig cap so as i wish. she said its ok to use it for the internet and etc (if it works) but not for downloading files.

3 are incredible.

an email would have done, in fact nobodies gonna see that request that can do anything about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

wrote it on the back of a cheque 3 weeks ago,

cos the man in the bank works for 3?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What do you mean by downloading drivers?

• Advertisement

downloading drivers, duh..........!

whats there to know, all there is to know is that three are a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I can appreciate that you're annoyed with 3, but at the same time, writing a request on the back of a cheque is about as useful as writing it on a post it note and sticking it to the back of the 46A bus and hoping that 3 will get it.

Large companies, even 3, don't necessarily even physically see the cheques they receive. It's not like sending a cheque to a small corner shop or sole trader or something! They're usually sent to a large processing centre, most likely they're outsourced. The amounts are recorded against customer account numbers and they're sent to the bank to be cleared and lodged. They don't record any details other than your account number, the amount, the cheque number and the date on the cheque (if even that much info!)

There's no way that customer service (in india) will get a copy of what you wrote on the back of a cheque.

If you want them to take a request seriously write a proper letter including your customer account number and address.
    Explain what you want, make sure you date the letter, be brief and very firm, but don't rant etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You went to a webpage and downloaded some drivers. Simple as? Have you been charged for downloading other files such as freeware applications or whatever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

these guys are unreal.

3 are incredible.

You wrote instructions to 3 on the back of a cheque? And it's these guys who are unreal? Duh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

these guys are unreal.

3 are incredible.

i wouldnt ever go back three, i joined them when they first launched and canceled my contract before the 12 mths, three let me off without any charges as i kicked up such a fuss... went back to voda, and things are perfect ever since, you pay a bit more, but u can speak to an Irish person,
    not some foreign person reading off a script...

anyways, i dont know how three are still in business, the amount of annoyed 3 customers that i hear about is unreal...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well i'm not sure what drivers it might be that you would be downloading directly to your phone handset so am wondering if you are actually talking about something completely different which might then explain what you have been charged for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you the same OP that wrote that infamous letter a few months back?
    You said you were leaving 3 then and you still haven't. (full of ****?)

As above, writing a request on the back of a cheque may work for a corner shop but it won't work for a corporation.
    The customer service staff never even saw this cheque as it's gone to accounts department and what exactly do you expect them to do?
    In fact, registered post is your best option and it only costs around €4.

And I suppose I don't need to tell you that everytime you talk to customer service you get a name and note the date and time.
    Just write a quick summary-I send emails to myself to save them.
    That way if a promise broken then you can have some comeback.

Ultimatly OP, you have had loads of people give advice here and you ignore it all.
    So ignore my post if you want but it's better advice than not paying your bills and swearing at staff.

For the love of god, USE CAPS LOCK :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what_car wrote: »
    i wouldnt ever go back three, i joined them when they first launched and canceled my contract before the 12 mths, three let me off without any charges as i kicked up such a fuss... went back to voda, and things are perfect ever since, you pay a bit more, but u can speak to an Irish person,
    not some foreign person reading off a script...

anyways, i dont know how three are still in business, the amount of annoyed 3 customers that i hear about is unreal...

if you joined when they first started and left before 12 months then you couldn't have experienced the indian call centre. they opened that well after the first year
    micmclo wrote: »
    Are you the same OP that wrote that infamous letter a few months back?
    he is indeed.

well, the drivers were for a laptop thats all. how three can go charging people for downloading files from their 'unlimited' broadband is a joke.

to clarify things.

1)I was probably naieve with the cheque, but i told the cs tools as well

anyhoo they never listened of course.

2) The famous earlier post was regarding the 3 PCMCIA modem (which I no longer use and never paid said crazy bill.)

3) this latest outage is for the unlimited broadband add on I got for my N73

living in the sticks i found it convenient to just use that instead of dial up

However.........

i have since realised that

a) dial up is probably faster

b) the unlimited broadband for 20e a month is useless if you get charged for downloading things and updating a virus scanner for instance

c) customer service is appaling

d) the cant bill you properly.

I emailed <snip> @ three.ie and told her about this incident.

I said how three continue to get away with this service is a disgrace and they are obviously milking the Irish public. I told her I have no intention of paying my next bill and they can call the feds for all I like. I am not a guy to be screwed around like this.;)

well, the drivers were for a laptop thats all. how three can go charging people for downloading files from their 'unlimited' broadband is a joke.

to clarify things.

1)I was probably naieve with the cheque, but i told the cs tools as well

anyhoo they never listened of course.

2) The famous earlier post was regarding the 3 PCMCIA modem (which I no longer use and never paid said crazy bill.)

3) this latest outage is for the unlimited broadband add on I got for my N73

living in the sticks i found it convenient to just use that instead of dial up

However.........

i have since realised that

a) dial up is probably faster

b) the unlimited broadband for 20e a month is useless if you get charged for downloading things and updating a virus scanner for instance

c) customer service is appaling

d) the cant bill you properly.

Is this BB on 3Pay?

I emailed <snip> @ three.ie and told her about this incident.

I said how three continue to get away with this service is a disgrace and they are obviously milking the Irish public. I told her I have no intention of paying my next bill and they can call the feds for all I like. I am not a guy to be screwed around like this.;)

I see you've just downloaded a driver for CAPS LOCK.

lol

40cents that cost.

Yes on 3 pay, I am a monthy customer, or rather ex- customer.

Yes on 3 pay, I am a monthy customer, or rather ex- customer.

You can't be both a monthly customer and on 3Pay! Which is it?

• Advertisement

In any case, I suspect you've been using your handset as a modem. I'm sure you're allowed to download everything you want -on your handset -as you have signed up for mobile broadband. I doubt very much if you're allowed to you your phone as a modem with this, in fact I think it's expressly forbidden. This is probably the origin of the charges.

Sorry

(ex) pay monthly.

poor old head is wrecked from three.

Everyone uses their phone as a modem, thats like the whole idea.

anyway, looks like another bill I am not paying. well, I am outta the country next year so they can keep writing to me the poor sods.

Everyone uses their phone as a modem, thats like the whole idea.

anyway, looks like another bill I am not paying. well, I am outta the country next year so they can keep writing to me the poor sods.

No they don't and no it isn't. That's why they have a separate modem/broadband package.

OK so, what is the point in having a 2gig (if that is still the case?) cap if you cant even download anything, you are hardly going to even reach that figure from putting on caps lock and checking emails in one month.

whats the difference between

1) unlimited broadband with 2 gig cap on a N73

2) Data modem with a cap of xxx.

you still have a given allocation to use each month.

I have been using this N73 as a modem (albeit unsuccessfully on alot of occasions) for a while now and have watched you tube vids, downloaded virus scanners and the like with no charge.

cula, are you working for three, you can come clean I will give you public amnesty and no word will be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

wrote it on the back of a cheque 3 weeks ago

Now, I nearly choked laughing at that, but this....
    I told her I have no intention of paying my next bill and they can call the feds for all I like. I am not a guy to be screwed around like this.

.....has to be the funniest thing I have read in ages.

legs11, you are watching too many Hollywood films, or should that be movies?

Give this man his own sub-forum. Under humour. Or conspiracy theories.

guys

this is not funny, i dont give a flying fcuk about my spelling or anything, its not goddamn english class ffs.

its quite clear hutchison 3 Ireland are taking Irish consumers to the creamery and we are doing sod all about it.

look at the t&c.

Add-Ons

1. Add-Ons have no minimum term and can be cancelled and renewed at any time. There will be no pro-rata refunds for cancelling an Add-On part way through a month.
    2. The use of free or chargeable Add-Ons is unavailable while you are roaming abroad, with the exception of mobile broadband add-ons which are available on participating 3 networks.
    3. With Talk For Free you can make unlimited 3 ROI to 3 ROI calls. If you are on Talk 400 Anytime or a higher price plan this Add- On will automatically be included within your price plan free of charge. Fair use policy applies – see below
    4. Mobile Broadband – For a fixed price each month you can get a certain Mb allowance to enable you to surf the internet on your mobile. If you go over the included allowance you will be charged €0.49c per Mb. With Mobile Broadband Unlimited a fair usage policy applies– see below.
    5. With Message 100 & 200 all inclusive messages apply to messages sent within the Republic of Ireland to other standard Republic of Ireland mobiles. Premium rate messages, short-codes and other ‘special numbers’ are excluded from your message allowance.
    6. Customers cannot purchase multiple Add-Ons of one type, ie customers can buy 1 message 100 and 1 message 200 Add-On in one month but can't buy 2 x Message 100 Add-Ons in one month .

Fair Use Policies

Some 3 services are subject to our fair use policy. To make sure no one abuses this freedom, we have set monthly limits of:

Free email and selected online content – maximum 20 Mb per month
    Mobile Broadband Unlimited - 2Gb
    Talk for Free – 1000 minutes
    5c Messages – 1000 text messages, 150 picture messages and 150 video messages

so, duh......:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

this is not funny, i dont give a flying fcuk about my spelling or anything, its not goddamn english class ffs.

You're right. It's not funny. Any mega-corporate conglomerate taking advantage of their customers is not funny.

Especially when they write clear instructions on the back of a cheque.

Maybe write it on the back of a €100 note next time. Or on a piece of paper wrapped around a brick, thrown through the window.

no, more like write it on a grenade and pop it into their highly secret hq address.

I emailed them anyway and explained the t&c and told them if they dont ammend my bill for november i am not paying it and will seek legal advise, while mentioning the 10000 complaints on boards.ie also....

;)

am i getting a bit boring at this stage....:eek:

• Advertisement

Did you actually read the section of the terms that you put in bold? It said on your mobile, not using your mobile as a modem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement