Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyDSL anyone

Options
  • 04-11-2007 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I am loking at getting skydsl. anyone else use it. i live in the country and am doing a masters over the net with dial up very slow for downloading.

what questions should i ask is it

how many people do i share with ??
    what speed is needed ??
    i have to upload projects what should i look for

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Not available here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I think he is talking about SKYDSL not Sky BSB TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Quite a few threads on this already, if you use the search facility you'll find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It is not broadband. It is a download accelerator using a TV satellite card in your PC or a USB adaptor for laptop. You can't share it sensibly and it uses your phone for upload.

You need two way Satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

I checked with Sky yesterday and broadband is still not available in Ireland.
    Just £5 quid in the UK. :mad:
    Try "broadband anywhere" they told me they can put up a dish and give you broadband "anywhere" within the country. !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

SkyDSL is sadly available though (it's what I described above). But it is nothing to do with BSkyB the Sat TV company that does BB in UK.

There are some well established two way Satellite if you can't get fixed Wireless.

See the online "broadband checker". Read the stickies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

watty wrote: »
    SkyDSL is sadly available though (it's what I described above). But it is nothing to do with BSkyB the Sat TV company that does BB in UK.

There are some well established two way Satellite if you can't get fixed Wireless.

See the online "broadband checker". Read the stickies.

What is Sky DSL. ? surely only Sky can use the word SKY ? how is it seperate from Sky satelite, referred to here as SkyBskyB. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

surveys wrote: »
    What is Sky DSL. ? surely only Sky can use the word SKY ? how is it seperate from Sky satelite, referred to here as SkyBskyB. ?

It has DSL in the name and they don't provide tv over their satellite connection. You get one way broadband from it.

Sky Digital provide digital television over satellite.

The names are probably easily mistaken but Sky DSL operate across Europe and I don't think Sky the tv channel is available across Europe as Sky Digital.

There is bound to be some technicality for it.

Advertisement