Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone fix xbox nics in Ireland???

Options
  • 04-11-2007 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I'll send it off to Perplexer in xbox scene if i have too but i wanted to know if there was someone in Ire that does it first.

Chers for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

How is it broken? It just won't connect to the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Exactly.

On further inspection, there are no link lights at all on the nic. I checked this against a mates who says he has a green link light on.

I've tested the cable on my 360 and I can connect with it. So, i presume its the Nic.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Found Perplexer post on Xbox-Scene, looks a bitch of a job.
    Where is he based? Going to cost much to send it over?
    Might be worth buying a cheap 2nd hand one and modding that.

I really dont want to do it myself. I thought there where lads in Ireland who modded xboxes??

Surely they could do it? This is my second xbox, the last one had simialr trouble I do remember, couldnt go live for some reason.

Yeah, sending that (xbox) to the States might be a bit of a stupid thing to do but If its cheper than 90 bucks I might just do it. Oh I dont know.

Any ideas would be a help

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can pick up 2nd hand xbox really cheap in Gamestop these days, half the price of shipping MB off to US.
    You must have bad earth or noisy power line to blow to ICs on MB.

• Advertisement

After 20 odd hours of trouble shooting various problems I have found the problem. A dodgy port in the sitting room seems to be the problem. I stupidly thought I had a connection through it because I THOUGHT I could get xbox live throught the 360 but I wasnt actually going into live..... feel like a bit of a prat now.

Thanks for showing an interest anyway guys.

Happy gaming

clust3r

:o

Advertisement