Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House Available for Rally Weekend, Sligo

• 04-11-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    For anyone Interested I am Renting out House for WRC in Sligo from Dates 15th November - 19th November

The following are the details about the house :

3 Bedroom House (All Double Beds)
    4 Bathrooms - 2 Ensuite Bathrooms.
    Kitchen and Dining Room
    Outside Area with BBQ
    Fully Furnished in Immaculate Condition.
    Sky Television
    Wireless Broadband - Free

Located on the Strandhill Rd, 10mins walk to City Centre, 10min Drive to Rally Headquarters.

This house is the ideal location for anyone looking to be in the centre of the action. House would comfortably accomodate 6 people, although numbers negotiable.

I can Upload Photos if needs be, just drop me an email at Redders82@gmail.com.

Price for the 4 Nights is €3000 (Negotiable) & €1000 Depoisit. Compared to a Hotel for the Same Period this is a very good price.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Sorry mate but you personify what "Rip off Ireland" is all about. €750 per night is crazy, I'm paying €150 for 3 nights B&B about 4 miles from Sligo so what you're charging may compare well to some hotels but other self catering accomodation for offer around Sligo is coming in a hell of a lot more reasonably than what you are offering.

With all due respect, what rally fan is going to want an outdoor BBQ area in November??

I've nothing personal against you but it just annoyed me reading people milking the WRC in Sligo for all it's worth (and I know you're not the only one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Fair Enough i Can See Where You are coming from, but there is a market for this and the location is next to nothing.

Might not be your cup of tea, but the price reflects value for money - 6 people @ €500, thats only €125 per night, on a normal night you wouldnt get that for a nights hotel.

Its a quality house, really is....so make of this offer what u will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

ah it didn't take long. I've seen this sort of greed kill off events in parts of the country. You may make a bob or two this time around but fans of the sport will just grow sick of your type of money making and go elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Tenner says it's empty for the weekend, me personally, it's hotel transporter!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're trying to tell me that the hotels in Sligo are charging €250plus for a room the night of the rally weekend AND they'll provide you with breakfast.

I really think you need a dose of reality! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Redders825 wrote: »
    6 people @ €500, thats only €125 per night

Thats probably going to be 3 people @ €1000.

Quick straw poll from the people going; how many are bringing their partners?

zeris wrote: »
    Thats probably going to be 3 people @ €1000.

Quick straw poll from the people going; how many are bringing their partners?

Not me anyway, she likes circuit racing but has no time whatsoever for rallying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

The OP is having a laugh! I'm booked into the HQ for the full weekend for a small fraction of what that Rip-off artist is trying to scam out of ppl!

€3000 for the wknd plus €1000 deposit...disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I'd sleep in the car before i'd pay that kind of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

lads, do not pay that sort of money

there are plently of hotels and B&Bs arounf th esurrounding area, try places like ballymote, boyle, gurteen, tobercurry etc, they are all less than 30 mins away from sligo.

lets not entertain this con artist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Im heading to the upcoming rally in Sligo City and thought I'd have a peak to see if there was any accomodation for rent.
    I came across this thread....
    This guy has gotta be joking right?
    Daylight robbery. Im sure i could stay in the Radisson for that sort of money.
    Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

what u see from the first post is nothing but pure greed mate and its why events like this never last in ireland

Advertisement