Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 93 Convertible

Options
  • 04-11-2007 7:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi all i have this car here im trying to sell adverts.ie/36406 & adverts.ie/27877

i have it at the lower end of the price scale for these cars and its the higher spec model with fairly low mileage.....

I dont seem to be able to shift it.....

I have it advertised on adverts and carzone.ie also

anyone ever tried driving upto dealers to see what they would offer or maybe park it at the side of the road with a for sale sign? i have a bike i use for work so maybe its an option.

Opinions and suggestions much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

You need more pictures and a lot more text. You've only posted a single picture taken at a distance, so a prospective buyer has no idea of the state of the bodywork. Does it have a leather interior? Is it worn? Has it done 54,000 miles or kilometres? Does it have fog lights, CD player, steering wheel controls? Manual or automatic gearbox? You don't even say if it's got a petrol or diesel engine!

These are all questions that a prospect will want answered before he bothers contacting the seller. Also, you're not paying by the word, so ditch terms like "FSSH" and just put "Full Saab dealer service history" down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Cheers, i actually had this add too adverts.ie/27877 but as you can see not a lot of interest on this add either... the carzone add has all the details also.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well my uncle is selling his for 1,950 cheaper and it's same year and colour and spec - http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=749509

he can't sell it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Very nice car ,just not the best year for selling a convertable. Would possibly have taken a look if it had come up earlier on in the year when I changed mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

why is it not the best year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Think he ment not the best time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

workmate is selling his '98 9-3 convertible for the last 5 months with no interest.
    Blokes generally don't drive convertibles and women aren't interested in the 9-3 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Have you tried 'The Hairdressers' Gazette'?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1. Very few people in the market for a soft top in the middle of winter unless it is going very cheap indeed.

2. It is very close to Christmas, that is all that's on alot of people's minds.

3. You have a limited audience selling a niche model and generally the second hand car market has been very slow for the last couple of months. More and more people choose now to buy a used car in the UK rather than here.

Your best chance will be late spring, early summer to sell a convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

/Agree. Nobody really wants to buy a convertible in winter when the objective of buying such a car is to get the roof down. Also those older 9-3 cabs are not so popular now as they look very dated compared to the newer model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Drop the price. A lot. It will sell, but you've got to take a hit on it if you need the cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good points made all round. Drop the price to €14.5k ono and you might get lucky, mastermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The resale value of a Convertable is propotional to the temperatures outside. Convertables don't sell in Winter, simple as that. Wait till the summer if at all possible. Convertables are always worth more then too.

Advertisement