Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coast Baldoyle

Options
  • 04-11-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Interested in renting a room at the Coast complex in Baldoyle. Landlord is a bit clueless about the bus routes so just wondering does anyone here know what bus passes the bus stop just outside the complex and if the Nitelink stops at this stop or a nearby one if anyone knows? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Teller wrote: »
    Interested in renting a room at the Coast complex in Baldoyle. Landlord is a bit clueless about the bus routes so just wondering does anyone here know what bus passes the bus stop just outside the complex and if the Nitelink stops at this stop or a nearby one if anyone knows? Thanks in advance.

Depends on which bus stop that you are on about. Is it the entrance on the coast road to Portmarnock. If so, it's the 32 you'll be looking to get.

If it's beside Tom Walsh Motors, I think it might be the 32B. If you're at that end of the complex, you could also walk up to the roundabout towards Donaghmede and get a 29A (they're more regular than the 32).

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Thanks dcr. The apartment is at the front of the estate so either bus stop on the main road there really. Would be the Nitelink I'd be wondering about more than anything, if it stops at either of those stops. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Thanks dcr. The apartment is at the front of the estate so either bus stop on the main road there really. Would be the Nitelink I'd be wondering about more than anything, if it stops at either of those stops. Thanks.

29N Nitelink should drop you outside Tom Walsh Motors if I remember correctly.

Cheers dcr. That only goes on a Fri/Sat though does it? Going on the dublin bus site anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

There will be a new DART station opening up there, or so I believe, next year too. it will be known as Balgriffin, I think.

• Advertisement

Great, that'll be handy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There will be a new DART station opening up there, or so I believe, next year too. it will be known as Balgriffin, I think.
    No work has begun on this yet. It'll be interesting to see how the trains cope - as it currently is, it's standing room only after the first stop Malahide. You'll be able to get on at this new stop but it will cause increased capacity problems further down the line. Maybe Irish Rail will have sorted out their capacity issues by then in time for the flying pigs to get on at this station.

2 more questions (sorry). What is the nearest train station? And does anyone know what Broadband is available in the Coast. I've entered our phone number in to a few of the Broadband service provider pages - Eircom, Smart, Digiweb and Irish Broadband and it says it is unavailable in all of them. If anyone knows? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I just did a search for Baldoyle on the Digiweb website,and these were the options I came up with:

http://www.digiweb.ie/bbfinder/broadband-results.asp

I am with Digiweb, and find them fab - I live just over the road in Portmarnock, and just switched from their DSL service (phone line needed) to their wireless option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

2 more questions (sorry). What is the nearest train station? And does anyone know what Broadband is available in the Coast. I've entered our phone number in to a few of the Broadband service provider pages - Eircom, Smart, Digiweb and Irish Broadband and it says it is unavailable in all of them. If anyone knows? Thanks.

1. Portmarnock or Howth Junction.
    2. Digiweb Metro as posted is meant to be very good, more than likely eircom will have something soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Another option for the bus is to walk over the bridge and into Clongriffin and get the brand new 128 bus into town.

Advertisement