Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

• 04-11-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

This seems to be getting some relatively decent scores so far, fairly tempted to pick up a copy... Guess I'll have to hide it whenever friends come over though:p
    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932520.asp
    The US version is region free, so it can be picked up cheaply from play-asia...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

I picked up a copy for myself , and 2bh it was quite a good buy if your a fan. It covers the first 80 anime episodes in the storys mode , which is very enjoyable. Runing around Konoha doing all sorts of things( ninja missons"social and storyliners" , Ramen deliverys , Hide and seek with Konahomaru, ninja races and a few others).

The only downside so far for me is the lack of Characters. Although they said they will be releasing more for downloads. It's quite a good game both the story mode and online battles , well worth a look if your a naruto fan :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The first 80, so it that up to the end of the chuunin exams?

I'm tempted to get this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

yeah it more or less finishes with at the chuunin exams. It dosnt goo in dept into them but more an over view on what happenes in the story with key points been shown from the actual anime.

Its a good game. I got the story mode (about 9 hours with a few distractions off it :p)and hide and seek finished already working on the races, social and ramen now to get it finished. I do find it a little repeatative and the controls can be a bit iffy some times. Also I dont like the american voices so I beleive the Japanese ones are availble on the market place or there meant to be anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Do you actually get to fight in the exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm enjoying it a lot so far... it does get annoying fighting the same bandits in the same place over and over again though.

I'm a bit stuck in it at the moment though... the Hokage has sent me on a mission to find a spy and I haven't a clue where I'm supposed to go.. and asking any of the people who like me doesn't produce the compass like with other missions.

• Advertisement

Varkov wrote: »
    Do you actually get to fight in the exams?

Yes , you get to do the Forest of Death + the Arena fights (Kiba and Neji). The online Ranked Matches acts like the Chunin exams too. The more you win in a row the more points you get (basing it on getting both scrolls then fighting quarter and semi-finals thus reaching the finals).
    I'm a bit stuck in it at the moment though... the Hokage has sent me on a mission to find a spy and I haven't a clue where I'm supposed to go.. and asking any of the people who like me doesn't produce the compass like with other missions.

To get the villagers to guide you , you would have to have that specific quest on at that time.(you may have picked up a social quest along the way and overwritten where you were shown to go) To fix it , just hold down X and Select he mission that the Hokage ask you to do , then you should get the waypoint on your minimap

To get the villagers to guide you , you would have to have that specific quest on at that time.(you may have picked up a social quest along the way and overwritten where you were shown to go) To fix it , just hold down X and Select he mission that the Hokage ask you to do , then you should get the waypoint on your minimap

Yep. Did all that... still not getting any marker or directions off the villagers.

Yep. Did all that... still not getting any marker or directions off the villagers.

Hmm , well if thats not working or there's no big yellow X on the map I'm not sure what can help you. What mission exactly was it?

It's the Find the Spy mission... I believe it's the first mission I got off the Hokage after returning from the land of the waves.

It must be bugged... very annoying...

I see there is a guide up on gamefaqs now.... hopefully I can follow that to complete this mission...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks good, i'll probably get this. Haven't watched any Naruto yet (it's in the queue) but my girlfriend says it's class (she mostly has good taste!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fairly impressed with this game after the first 3 hours of play (just got back from the land of the waves)
    This is pretty much the best licenced game that I've played since riddick, i'm actually fairly shocked that I'm enjoying it this much:)

The 2 boss fights were surprisingly hard after a fairly easy opening section to the game

Advertisement