Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N81 Vs. Sony Ericsson k850

• 04-11-2007 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Good evening, my Phone has managed (how strangely co-incidental) to break down again just on the brink of christmas, as i might add happens most years with me..
    Any how ill be getting a new phone pretty soon and im wondering of what some of yer thoughts are on the latest and greatest....

First up, ive demolished any delusions of buying an iphone for now so please dont tempt me back to it...

I have put it between the new Nokia N81 (part of N-gage series) and The Sony Ericsson k850...
    Well lets see ive always been kinda prone to sony ericsson as i really like them, but im thinking of going with a nokia this time round to spice it up:)

The n81 has this NaviWheel which i think might work well and looks gorgeous aswell...k850 has a 5mega pixel camera and so on...

Price wise id say they wont be far apart...
    So which would ye have....Nokia? or Sony?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'd go for the se over the nokia; but having been looking at the K850i, i've decided that i would prefer the samsung G800, and that is what i'll be looking to get of Mrs Claus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭nellocon

Ahh well ive never or have i ever wanted to own a samsung...but im willing to consider this if i believed it to be a greater phone...

Anyways we shall enter it into the poll...its now:

Nokia N81 .VS. SonyEricsson k850i .VS. Samsung G800

Should be interesting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

nellocon wrote: »

The n81 has this NaviWheel which i think might work well and looks gorgeous aswell...k850 has a 5mega pixel camera and so on...

Price wise id say they wont be far apart...
    So which would ye have....Nokia? or Sony?

and so on? It has nothing else that makes it stand out. Hearing bad things regarding build quality with the Nokia.

edit. Just came across this in depth review of the n81 on mobile-review.
    http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n81-en.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

here is a small article on the samsung phone.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2007/5386.htmThe Samsung G800 was officially launched on the 23rd October, 2007 and is a 3G HSDPA mobile phone which will be available in the UK sometime in November, 2007. The available specification details for the Samsung G800 can be found on the right column with some great photos in the left hand side column.

The main feature of the G800 is that it has a 5 megapixel camera which Samsung has dubbed " the Photographer's choice".

The full specification of the 5 megapixel camera phone is :

5 Megapixel
    Optical Inner Zoom ( 3X Optical, 4X Digital )
    Xenon Flash, Auto Focus
    Wide Dynamic Range ( WDR ), Face Detection
    Image Stabilizer, Image Editor, Image Stamp
    Panorama / Mosaic / Macro Shot Landscape Camera UI, Camera Lens Cover

Of course, optical zoom is common in digital cameras, but this is the first time that optical zoom has been included in a 5 megapixel cameraphone. It also comes equipped with features such as face detection, and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), which are very up-to-date features even in today's digital cameras.

Boasting 3x optical zoom and a Xenon flash to enable close-ups and good photo quality, the G800 also comes with other features such as panorama shots, multi shots and macro shots. The 3x optical zoom is an inner zoom, where the lens does not extend outside the body of the phone, ensuring a slimmer design.

So what else is there besides the camera you ask? Well sharing images and videos is made simpler by a proprietary tool. You can also excel at video editing functions such as cutting, pasting, and editing films. There is also a mobile blogging feature which helps users to upload their favorite User Created Contents (UCC) site very easily.

The G800 looks even more like a digital camera when you look at the Graphical User Interface (GUI ) and the On Screen Display (OSD) shows various camera indicators in a horizontal preview mode.

Basically, the G800 looks much like a digital camera on one side and mobile phone on the other side. Yes its a sophisticated design and includes a two handed grip facility for when taking pictures.

The Samsung G800 is currently supported by a major advertising campaign across Europe and is expected to be available during November. 3G's next step will be to undertake a review of the Samsung G800 and this can be found on this page when completed.

Advertisement