Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Athlone Town Centre.. What do you think!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

whyulittle wrote: »
    How far down that street does the Marist Brothers home actually run? No harm seeing that drab grey bricked up windows building being removed. :eek:

Not sure but I think they own almost the whole strip.
    Last I heard they were in talks with the Marist to see about
    buying some of it. (might not be any truth in that though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

whyulittle wrote: »
    How far down that street does the Marist Brothers home actually run? No harm seeing that drab grey bricked up windows building being removed. :eek:

my dad went to the old Marist and they called it Siberia back in the day, He cant wait for the day for it to actually be knocked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I went over New years, its not too bad.. it is very small though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

Who on earth came up with the design of the car park? It's really really confusing. Badly laid out and badly signposted.

The shops in there are a bit small. It's like they put in loads of the big names, then squished them into small units. I'm disappointed with the new M&S as it's so small. Still it's nice to be able to visit these shops locally rather than having to head towards Dublin. It won't satisfy the appetite of the shop til you drop brigade though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

the new shopping centre is for women absolutely nothing for lads. useless

If men were responsible for 75% of consumer goods spending, as women are, they'd probably be designing shopping centres exclusively for us too. The truth is it doesn't pay to give up retail space for men when they are such small spenders.
    eoinhealy wrote:
    Then you know where to go if you want to score!! He He He!!
    Some fine looking ladies in Athlone

Yeah, or... They'll be too busy getting high on the release of dopamine from impluse buying to notice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement