Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell Place

Options
  • 04-11-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Glad to see Parnell Place is getting a bit of a facelift.
    Couple of new places opening up there, Subway are in instead of where old Mulligans is, There's a Spar going in next to that, thank christ! which means i will no longer be charged E2.00 for a pack of gum by the grumpy bastard that runs the shop near there,
    Then there's Bowens, an electric type shop thingy, "the new hickey's i'd say"

All we need now is for that sex shop across the place to get a revamp!

I'm thinking a cross between Argos and a sex shop.
    A nice waiting room, leaf through a couple of magazines, while you wait for your number to be call as your special goods are ready.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Then there's Bowens, an electric type shop thingy, "the new hickey's i'd say"

He's actually the Manager of my band too, and after a very long tenure in Mary O'Mahony's electrical, I wish him the very best of luck. When Hickeys closed down on Maylor street, it left a vacancy for white goods in the area, and he's opened up in the old Russell's Music location. Bill Russell is now enjoying retirement, and I had the pleasure of being in there for the last few days of Russell's Music, and Bill was in flying form.

So, plugaplugaplug, hopefully Eamonn Bowen will have a great future in his new venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Talking about this Bowen place thing, what sort of electrical goods? Fun stuff like mp3 players and radios and tvs and stuff or boring stuff like fridges & cookers??

And ya, parnell place was a v.depressing place, the only reason i go there is to get bus or to call into mahers outdoors (cos i know a guy in there, plus i get 10% discount as a scout, w00t)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

White goods = fridges, washing machines, kettles, TVs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 littlejohnnyrep

not much of the larger white goods yet,
    It's smaller things like bulbs and hoover bags and shavers and stkettles and stuff,
    but yeah fun things like mp3 players, and headphones and accessories and things me thinks.

Yeah they're capitalizing on the lack of hickeys and the electric department of Roches now gone, under Debenhams.

Hey ho, glad to see it's spruced up Parnell place a bit anyway, hopefully see a bit more people around there.

Advertisement