Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, gave me wrong talk time package...

Options
  • 04-11-2007 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I got eircom connect in my appartment last month. I requested for there talk-time 15c offer. (Call local and national number for 15c per hour)

I got the bill in the door the other day and it was nearly €400. I was fairly shocked to say the least. I checked it over a few times and could not figure out how it could have been so high. I calculated it myself and it should have only been less than half of €400.

I then noticed that the talk-time 15c was not activated on my account. I was told it would be and have been using the phone as if it was.

I phoned eircom twice. The first call I made the girl on the other end just kept trying to sell me another talk-time package. I wanted to know if I was going to get my bill adjusted to what it should have been.

So I hung up and phoned back, I got man on the other end. I told him what the situation was, and what I was looking for. I was not giving out, I was quite calm as I always am. But when he kept telling me what I had already told him I was getting a bit annoyed. After a few minutes I asked him to stop talking and listen to me while I explain again what the situation was.

I told him that I had ordered talk-time 15c, it was not activated I was using my phone as if it was and I wanted my bill adjusted accordingly.

He finally told me that he could do nothing about it. Why did he not say that in the first place!? He said I was on to the wrong department (I was on to Bill Enquiries which as far as I knew dealt with the 'bill inquiries'). So, after two calls, one trying to sell me another talk-time package and the other not knowing feck all, I was told I should be on to customer service.

Does anyone have any idea if I am entitled to get my bill adjusted or am I just going to waist a call?

I will pay the bill, no problems there, just dont think its fare.
    How many other people have had the same thing happen and not say anything?

Kindest regards

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Is this the only thing that is making the bill so high? The way the eircom bill is structured, the first bill is often high. The way the bill is presented is also quite complicated.

It is very important to ask explicitly for what you want. How big a credit are you asking for? You need to know exactly what you want.

Ask to speak to a supervisor about this next time you ring.

I would say that you will have a good chance to get your credit, if you can figure out a way to get talking to the right person. But I would be surprised if the credit will be as much as 200 euros.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

make formal complaint

www.eircom.ie > customer services > log a complaint

if its not fixed in 10 days go to comreg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

Ask to speak to a supervisor about this next time you ring.

I would say that you will have a good chance to get your credit, if you can figure out a way to get talking to the right person. But I would be surprised if the credit will be as much as 200 euros.

I made a complaint and 2 days later I got a call back from eircom.

Not only did I get a nice appoligy, but they also reduced my bill to €170. I would have been happy with €100 or so knocked off the bill, but nearly €230, no complaints there! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Its the same with all these packages from all these telecom bandits including EirCON
    My mate got his face ripped of when he went away for 12 months
    he rang up cancelled his phone service after two months away as he unexpecantly decided to reamain on extra 8 months
    because he didnt cancell his Talk Time package when he returned to reconnect and settle up the expected normal 40 euro per month deal for two months he got landed with the extra 8 months of the package part some 25 euros per month even though his phone line was cut and he never used this package for 8 months

he couldnt change to another operator as they got a list of all user with depts so he had to pay some few hundred for nothing

These TELCON bandits make these packages only to rip your face and have umpteen different dept just to tire you out and make it so difficult to do anything in reverse
    We are ringing you to do you a favour sign up enjoy ...suckers we will rip you stupid

stay clear of all of them

use jungle drums its cheaper

and other friends when I told them had no end of problems to try to get out of these packages

In Ireland when rugger buggers rip your face and then sell it onto to other down under rip off merchants and the state sets up telcom police like CONREG and they are basicaly owned by the telecons it rip off alley and you screwed the police are owned buy the bandits

WISE UP there are other rip off bombs out there ready to pounce and rip your face next year or similar

and never register your pay as you go mobiles with the telCONs as who knows which part of India or china your name and addres and details are being sold to the
    Russian MAFIA 4 all U know

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

I had the same problem with BT last year, signed up for the 45 Euro a month all in broadband, line rental, free Ireland & UK calls package. First bill really high as all calls were being charged, I'd even told my family I'd always ring them back to save their phone bills !!

Rang BT and they said I must have pressed the wrong key when I signed up online. Where is the proof ? Their word against mine. I told them if I got it wrong they must make it as hard as possible cos I use a computer for my business every day and am vaguely computer literate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement