Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adrian Peterson..sweet jebus!

• 04-11-2007 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

The guy is unstoppable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bang, here goes the record!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He's something else! Packers have the honour of trying to stop him next week. :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

pretty impressive, not just the breaking the line, but the bit where he looks covered and the next thing you know they are all clutching air! some speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

296 rushing yards against the 7th ranked defense against the run, Peterson is the best running back in the NFL.

He has over 1000 rushing yards - in his rookie year - after only 8 games. Thats the half way mark folks.

Can not say enough good things about AD, next best thing? NO! He already is the best, without question.

Makes me proud to be a Vikings fan and its why I wear the logo on my arm all the time... and I dont have a choice any more either :D Now all we need is a quarterback who can be consistent and a defense who plays the pass like we did tonight all the time and we have a Superbowl calibre team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

All Day Peterson, holy hell. and for those that didn't see it http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803e06db

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Mightily impressive from a rookie... Will he be able to continue on with it??

And am i right in saying that he's (nominally at least) still officially the no.2 RB on the team??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Fock me, guy is so fast!!!!!!!!

dulpit wrote: »

And am i right in saying that he's (nominally at least) still officially the no.2 RB on the team??

Officially, yes. At least he is supposed to be. But when your No. 2 guy is starting for you on offense and your No. 1 guy is waiting for him to get tired... well you do the math :D

It's not just his speed though, he runs with so much power and he can change direction so fast. Every time he gets the ball its amazing to watch. Every time he broke through the line of scrimmage I was up on my feet screaming he's gone again. Absolutely amazing to watch really is. No other words for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

That was a master class in running last night; I was delighted I watched that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

dulpit wrote: »
    Mightily impressive from any RB, and its not like this game came out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I really thought the chargers defence would nullify him.

The only plus side for me was that the rest of the division lost too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Come on Mustangs, where's the love for the o-line!! Minnesota's is one of the best in NFL for running. Losing Castillo was a massive blow for Chargers. Great running by Peterson.

Absolutely jdivision, not trying to toot our own horn here but the Vikings offensive line is mammoth! The holes that were created last night were something else, straight out of a text book. A text book describing how to block for Adrian Peterson :D

McKinnie, Hutch, Birk, Herrera and Cook all had amazing games last night especially in the running game but also in the passing game, gave our QB's more time than usual.

Then again the line can only do so much, Peterson did the rest and it was great football to watch.

Can't wait to see how we fare against the Packers next week. If we are to have any hope for a Wild Card spot we need a win next week and then a win over Detroit and Chicago in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Mustangs wrote: »
    296 rushing yards against the 7th ranked defense against the run, Peterson is the best running back in the NFL.

He has over 1000 rushing yards - in his rookie year - after only 8 games. Thats the half way mark folks.

And the scary thought is that he still has to face the Raiders(30th against the rush),49ers(24th), Bears(26th) and Broncos(32nd/last), so if he is allowed to run free, who knows what sort of stats he might put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Lets just give him rookie of the year now and stop giving false hope to the others, hes the new LaDainian Tomlinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    Lets just give him rookie of the year now and stop giving false hope to the others, hes the new LaDainian Tomlinson.

A bit soon to be calling him the new LT, although he has been absolutely phenomenal so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

How's his knee?

Getting better thankfully. He's still rehabbing it at the moment and I would like to see him sit out another week or two (preferably the season) so that he is at 100% next season.

But he could make a return in a couple weeks time. Chester Taylor is picking up right where Adrian left off, 164 yards on the ground last night.

Gotta love our O line.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Vikings wrote: »
    Getting better thankfully. He's still rehabbing it at the moment and I would like to see him sit out another week or two (preferably the season) so that he is at 100% next season.

But he could make a return in a couple weeks time. Chester Taylor is picking up right where Adrian left off, 164 yards on the ground last night.

Gotta love our O line.

164? Really? Nice.

We were just doing the maths on the rushing record the other night- we agreed it's around 2,100 yards or something. That's eleven 100 yard games and five 200 ones. Crazy.

I would like to see Peterson retrun and have some more crazy stat games but you're probably right - better to have a great career than just a great season.

Advertisement