Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newgate Centre

• 04-11-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Thought there were some recent threads on this topic? Apparently not... Sully if there were, please just merge...

Just wondering if there was any movement on the Newgate Centre? Is there some sort of decision due this month?

Hope to fvck there won't be any more delays. Athlone has M&S, Virgin, H&M, as does Arklow. This should be a wake-up call that Waterford is sinking like a stone in retail terms if we're not keeping up with Athlone and Arklow. We should be Cork-Galway level, but we're miles off their pace :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

Next step is an oral hearing on the 13 – 14 November. If we are lucky we should have a decision before Christmas. I really fear for Waterford city centre if this does not get planning.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I thought the Newgate center is up in Ferrybank, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

I thought the Newgate center is up in Ferrybank, no?

No, you are thinking of the rate collection exercise presently under construction in Ferrybank. The Newgate centre will be built (hopefully) on a large vacant site of Michael St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

rate collection exercise

LOL :D

Advertisement