Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fundamentals of building design

• 04-11-2007 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a site/book/anything that could give me an insight of the basic principles and design methods for structures? I'm doing a few group projects at the moment involving very basic preliminary design but I don't really understand a lot of the stuff involved like what type of material and framing to choose, where to locate shear walls, how slabs are connected to a steel frame, how long spans can be achieved etc.

We've never really been taught any of this but they just sort of expect us to know all about it for some reason.

Comments

Advertisement