Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Trinton T90si?

Options
  • 04-11-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Installed a T90si shower in a guest room ensuite over 6 years ago. Room was not used until recently and it seems the head of shower was blocked with limescale. When unit was switched on the release valve on the bottom of the unit opened.

This requires a service call. Is it wiser to replace the unit instead or is it a waste given the unit was not yet used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

i'd just get the one you have sorted out, no point replacing the unit if it has no hours clocked up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Thanks for the reply Stoner. You're probably right. Likely that pump etc is still fine.

A service call with replacement part would work out a lot cheaper than a new unit plus labour cost of electrician/plumber to fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

What is the typical life expectancy of a Triton shower under normal usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

IMO 3 - 6 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I occasionally use a bottle of "kettle cleaner" or "Washine machine lime cleaner" on my Triton T90. It's a product made in Ferbane Co.Offaly but dont know the exact name. I power off the shower and turn off the water supply. Feed the stuff in and you hear it sizzle the lime away. Makes a huge difference, Shower is 9yrs old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement