Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a load of bollox

Options
  • 04-11-2007 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

It has to be the worst NEW Pes ever made. I thought it might take time to get used to but it is just so bad. I thought 40 quid was dirt cheap but i would rather have spent it on booze or even given it too charity. There are very few new features, Keepers are **** and palm the ball out to the strikers when a two mile an hour shout is commin at them. Adriano is still Pele in disguise. List could go on and on. There is not one thing good to say about it. AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

Pro Evolution 6-1 Fifa

there are certain things annoying me about it aswell....

the shots all seem to go fairly low....about 90% of the time,

this **** that happened in the previous one is still there...you run through and shoot but instead of a shot you hit this a crap lil chip shot with the ball never going higher then the waist even though you never pressed the chip button..... it didnt happen until the last 2 days but its happening quite often now!!

i hear what your saying about the rebounds but its not always possibloe for a goalie to catch it is it so ill give them that anyway!.

the cursor onlinje is annoying me... i always turned it off when playing online cause i like to make my mind up about when to switch men.... its all over the place online and you'd get it on the man you want and sometimes the computer will put it on someone else for ya and you end up having let the opposition run 10 yards un-opposed

adriano is pretty crap in it IMO, ive even taken to leaving him sub when im brazil now!!

is anyone else getting REALLY annoyed with this Barcelona crap now??.... id say ive played them 80% of the time ive played the game!!....... ive taken to avoiding players who pick them constantly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

in pes6 the shots went over the bar all of time almost, not low all the time

Adriano is too good...how can he crap when he scores 75% of the time from 30yards plus.

Im refering to the xbox360 version btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

this **** that happened in the previous one is still there...you run through and shoot but instead of a shot you hit this a crap lil chip shot with the ball never going higher then the waist even though you never pressed the chip button..... it didnt happen until the last 2 days but its happening quite often now!!

I might know what your problem is there, I got into the habit of doin it by mistake there a while ago, its if you let go of the run button (R1) when you go to shoot then press it again when the bar is going up it does this shot, dunno why i suddenly start shooting that way but it did my head in, was switching controllers and all, its like chip shot 2 or something, hope it helps anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

you no you could put adriano's skill and stuff down but as regards online just cripple him

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    I might know what your problem is there, I got into the habit of doin it by mistake there a while ago, its if you let go of the run button (R1) when you go to shoot then press it again when the bar is going up it does this shot, dunno why i suddenly start shooting that way but it did my head in, was switching controllers and all, its like chip shot 2 or something, hope it helps anyways.

never heard that now...ill bare it in mind though as its constantly happening now and it didnt happen once for the 1st few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

L1 and shoot is the lob, also pulling back from goal after you start the power bar is lob.

Dont you people read manuals :p

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

L1+Shoot is the High Lob and R1+Shoot is the low dinked chip, right?

I've never managed to score with the High Lob :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SofaKing wrote: »
    L1+Shoot is the High Lob and R1+Shoot is the low dinked chip, right?

I've never managed to score with the High Lob :(

Theres an easy way run straight at goal then veer off 45 degrees and do it nearly always goes in but with good players its a different type chip.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've played about 30 games now and I think it's a hell of a lot better than Pro Ev 6 was on the 360. It plays like it played on the PS2 so I'm happy.

The one thing I hate is the camera for penalties. Wtf is the deal angles for taking and saving penalties? In particular the one for when you're defending the penalty. Wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

No Van Nistlerooy in the dutch squad, is he gone in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ya ruud had a falling out with van basten so he dropped him!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

no, Ruud is back in now. Or at least was for a recent Dutch game as far as i know.

my biggest annoyance with the game is the computers cautiousness. They just maintain possesion all the time without doing anything, passing it along th backline, then when you get close enough to tackle the opposition player will turn and belt the ball acros the pitch straight to the fullback and start over. I regularly end games againstthe computer with <40% possesion, but will have stats like 8 shots to 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Tauren wrote: »
    no, Ruud is back in now. Or at least was for a recent Dutch game as far as i know.

my biggest annoyance with the game is the computers cautiousness. They just maintain possesion all the time without doing anything, passing it along th backline, then when you get close enough to tackle the opposition player will turn and belt the ball acros the pitch straight to the fullback and start over. I regularly end games againstthe computer with <40% possesion, but will have stats like 8 shots to 0.

And thats why i think its so realistic, when im 1-0 down in the last few minutes the computer wont attack me and lose possesion it will pass it around the back and midfield making a fool out of me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I dont like the way the computers goalkeeper always seems to go for a short option, even after a backpass. Harder to get the ball back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And thats why i think its so realistic, when im 1-0 down in the last few minutes the computer wont attack me and lose possesion it will pass it around the back and midfield making a fool out of me......

key points here - last minutes and 1-0 down.

This happens from the first minute of the game to the last, no matter what - the computer could be a goal or two down itself and it will just maintain possesion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ckarsenal

wish the referee's would dish out more red cards for tackles from behind, 99% of time they only give a yellow card or even no card at all. Slows down the game big time when a person can repeatedly take you out & know they wont get sent off- fair annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Maybe the AI realised you were gung ho and decided that playing possession football would stifle you. Thats what is supposed to be the big feature of the new PES, adaptable AI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Initial thoughts after a season playing ML with Liverpool... Other than the fact Crouch looks like a zombie...

The game is slower. Less fluid. The ball seems heavier, maybe, and coupled with the new graphics making the players look really small and skinny it makes the game look much more cumbersome. Takes ages to get the ball up the field. Shooting is really weird. You can hockey the power bar out of it and sometimes still only get a pansy shot. Its easier to score from corners and crosses now. Less easy to dribble score, but that could be just lack of game time. Still the defenders even slow ones seem to be able to outrun your pacey striker - which is balls. I haven't noticed the keepers flapping at shots much yet. Though I have the patch applied from the start, that may be it.

I like the new long pass. Its much faster which makes it much more effective - I rarely used it in Pes6 but now its great. Your attackers make more intelligent runs off the ball - leading to fewer silly offsides. I don't see any evidence of the new team AI that makes them learn how to cope with your attack though.

Overall... its ok. Nothing special. I haven't played Fifa 08, so I cant compare. Its not worth the money you pay for it, but i'd buy it for €20 say. Maybe €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have it for 360 and I think it's much better than PES 6 was for it.

You have to hold down the shoot button longer to get a higher power bar than u used to, good bit more. Find it handy enough.

Have yet to finish a match online yet, doesn't work for me at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement