Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op mode in games for the PC

Options
  • 04-11-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭

After playing (and enjoyed immensely) a FarCry mod that allows cooperative play with a number of people on a network, I began searching for games that offer a co-op mode for people on different PCs. I had a look at a few console ports, namely Halo, Conflict Desert Storm 2 and Splinter Cell, and the co-op modes have all been omitted. It also reminded me that the last time I recall seeing co-op in a PC game was Quake.

Are there any recent PC games, specifically FPSs, that have a co-op mode? And if not, why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The Serious Sam games have a network mode i believe. That's all i can really think of.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Gears Of War pc will have co-op afaik ;)

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

theres a co-op mod for HL2 called Synergy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Swat 4
    Serious Sam

both excellent and different

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Also keep an eye out for a new title on steam called "Left4Dead" - it can only be played in co-op mode, and it's awesome. A few of us played a preview of it in Seattle this year, and we kept going back for more ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement