Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop shouting at the ref and linos

• 04-11-2007 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Football Association of Ireland
    Press Release

November 1st, 2007

eircom League of Ireland suspensions and sanctions

Shamrock Rovers were fined €500 and severely warned as a result of verbal abuse by supporters towards a match official v Cork City (05.10.07).

:eek: :eek:

The FAI have gone too far with this one.

No more "AH FFS REF, SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS" please lads.

I mean wtf?

"Oh jolly good show ol' boy, that rotter should never have kicked that nice fellow, quite correct with that yellow card my good man, now was it two sugers or three in your Darjeeling?"

Fúcking clowns.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

the gas thing is no-one particulaly remembers giving him much stick.

nothing out of the usual but made it into the referees report. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well we gonna get massacred when Rhonas report goes in from our game in Cork.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DesF wrote: »

The FAI have gone too far with this one.

€500 fine for both Finn Harps and Derry earlier in the season for throwing till roll :eek: That was when it went to far.

And in all fairness Rovers fan have sang worst things from the stands this season, Evan Ryan slanging when playing Bohs in Tolka and then slanging the firemen who died when they played Bray.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Oh deary me,I hope the referees feelings weren't hurt.

This isn't golf,football (soccer and GAA) are ball sports that are fast paced and filled with passionate supporters looking out for their team.The FAI are really public enemy number 1 and with these fines etc how the hell do they expect the Eircom League to thrive.Its already in a shambolic state as far as I'm concerned.

€500 fine for both Finn Harps and Derry earlier in the season for throwing till roll :eek: That was when it went to far.

Agreed.
    And in all fairness Rovers fan have sang worst things from the stands this season, Evan Ryan slanging when playing Bohs in Tolka

We werent slagging. Just reading the flag that was been waved at us. And it said Evan Ryan was a football hooligan. Or words to that effect.
    and then slanging the firemen who died when they played Bray.:mad:

A direct lie. Back that up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

And what about the chants aimed at Simon Webb when you played Drogheda earlier in the season?

An Citeog wrote: »
    And what about the chants aimed at Simon Webb when you played Drogheda earlier in the season?

That happened and the perpetrator was banned and Simon Webb accepted the apology and charitible contribution. What more could Rovers do.

The Bray allegation is a direct lie and in the context of getting thanks from the Bray Supporters club thanking us for the immaculate respect for the minutes silence.

Lies like that should not go unchallenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

The 5,000 euro fine for a derry city fan's blog was worse again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

John_C wrote: »
    The 5,000 euro fine for a derry city fan's blog was worse again.

That wasn't a blog, it was posted on the official Derry City website.

Anyway, that fine was rescinded by the FAI.

DesF wrote: »
    That wasn't a blog, it was posted on the official Derry City website.

Anyway, that fine was rescinded by the FAI.

exactly, the rules for the content of match programmes and websites are clear and Derry broke it.

Its the rest they are making up as they go along thats the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

A direct lie. Back that up!

Heard every single word that was said that day then did you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

That happened and the perpetrator was banned and Simon Webb accepted the apology and charitible contribution. What more could Rovers do.

The Bray allegation is a direct lie and in the context of getting thanks from the Bray Supporters club thanking us for the immaculate respect for the minutes silence.

Lies like that should not go unchallenged.[/QUOTE]

You know all about that don't you.:rolleyes:

DSB wrote: »
    Heard every single word that was said that day then did you?

He is claiming a song was sung. Seeing as none of the Rovers fans, Bray fans (and lets face it, on the day that was in it, they would have reacted) or media heard it, its fair to say he is wrong.

Its with the mods for review, so I will leave it there.

He is claiming a song was sung. Seeing as none of the Rovers fans, Bray fans (and lets face it, on the day that was in it, they would have reacted) or media heard it, its fair to say he is wrong.

Its with the mods for review, so I will leave it there.

I didn't mean as in a song, there was several remarks from a 1 or 2 Rovers fans on the firefighter incident, I was told by 2 different Rovers fans, one of who had a voice clip on his phone which was forwarded to the Rovers BoM.

I also said Rovers fans, I retract that claim. I should I have one or two fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looks like we have a fine coming aswell so, Alan Kelly is probably more hated than any opposition player at this stage, he came near section F to got the ball changed as it was a bit flat or whatever, the whole crowd launches into "alan kelly, youre a ******" etc, he just looks up at us and shakes his head in shock. At this stage I dont think he should be allowed to ref our games as nobody could expect him to remain neutral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Who is Evan Ryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well des, abusing refs should not be tolerated should it :D;)

this depends on the level abuse that he was subjected to, must have been fair bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Refs should expect a bit of stick, but you have to draw a line somewhere, beyond which is unacceptable. I don't know what was said, so can't comment any further really...

Who is Evan Ryan?

A son of one of the BSC (Bohs Soccer Casuals) who passed away with some disease at a very young age only about 1 or 2 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

well des, abusing refs should not be tolerated should it :D;)

Shurrup you.

There's a difference between supporters dishing out stick and a player constantly ranting in a refs face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If the ref takes the job then he has to take the stick that comes with it.

Advertisement