Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hire

Options
  • 04-11-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hiya, I am coming to Mayo visiting family soon and I need to hire a car, my problem is I'm 22. Does anyone have any suggestions for companies that dont charge the earth in surcharges?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try Europcar - http://www.europcar.ie/ (Knock Airport)
    I've rented from them in Dublin City and they were the best (Both in terms of price and not screwing you for additional charges. Although, I do recommend asking for an invoice and copy of the inspection report when you return it.)

Gah. Must be 24 or older... Sorry. Never mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

You often with car hire companies can arrange to rent a car without Insurance and use and supply your own Insurance policy probably from your own car in dublin or similar
    complicated but it tends to be the only way to rent when there is age issue or something else and it takes several days or weeks to arrange a satifactory solution
    If you crash the car and your alternitive insurance is found not to be valid because you told a fib or didnt read the small print then you would be responsible for all costs and they could force you to sell your house and deduct all your income up to survial amounts leaving you with mayby 200 euro per week to pay the costs and you might get poped into jail as well so hotel Calafonia err MAYO
    read the small print

derry

Advertisement