Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Days

Options
  • 04-11-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

I suppose we should really have a sticky for Open Days.

DCU:
    Friday 16th November: 10am to 4pm
    Saturday 17th November: 10am to 4pm

UCD:
    Friday 30th November: 1.00pm to 6.30pm
    Saturday 1st December: 10.00am to 2.00pm.

NUI Galway:
    Thursday 29th November: Times vary

Any more would be good. I suppose some people know the one's they want to go to anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ones I'm going to:

TCD (Maths and Physics) - Saturday 17th November
    IADT - Friday 23rd Saturday 24th November
    NUIM - same dates as above
    DIT - Saturday 1st December
    NCAD - Thursday 6th December
    TCD - Wednesday 12th December

Dunno about times, but they tend to be morning/afternoon anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I haven't been to any yet, but thats only because I'm only interested in the three Dublin universities so I'm waiting for them,
    DCU-17th November
    UCD-30th/1st Nov/Dec
    TCD-12th December

Those are the only ones I'll be attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

I wouldn't dismiss DIT - the open day is on December 1st.

They've also just put this video about student life in DIT up on youtube. I know the course you pick is the most important ting, but all things being equal with the course you want to go somewhere that's a bit of craic!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XDouoGKN4

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

DIT, DCU, UCD and TCD.
    Am I the only one who think Trinity are being ridiculous having their open day on a wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wednesday or Friday, unless it's a weekend you're still missing school, if that's what you're concerned about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

nah I don't mind missing school, just its awkward for people who live out of dublin, have to travel up in time to have a good look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hahahaha, they have the UCD open day on Black Friday:D! The students there will make a good impression cos its the last day of term that day, so everyone shall be nicely on there way to solid drunkeness. You 6th years, dont bother trying to get into the bar that day, security will be tight on it for student id. Thats gonna be a classic.

Advertisement