Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cherished numbers ... who has em?

Options
  • 05-11-2007 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

You know the type, 05C50, 08C888? So who has Cherished numbers on the vehicles, and who's going to be getting them for 2008? I have a Cherished plate on my bike, and I just booked one for my car, almost the same number thankfully. They might not add anything to the car in terms of resale, but it's nice to look at.

Agree/Disagree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Now this is what I call a cherished number - all the rest are tacky! :D

BMW633CSi-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have to say that I find them quite tacky. Sorry.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Funnily enough, CSI 850 exists also, and it's a BMW 850 Csi, a very rare car indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have mine booked for 08 and I have my initials on a UK plate too. I think they could make a fortune here with personalised plates here if they could only open their eyes to the potential.

ned78 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, CSI 850 exists also, and it's a BMW 850 Csi, a very rare car indeed.
    That's odd. The 850 was only introduced in 1989, wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Generally I find them a bit tacky. Also I find that a cherished number is often accompanied by a swirly font or some other crap

Howver for some reason I like the BMW 633 one. Maybe it's because I like the old format regs and the car itself

Curious how CSI 850 is on a BMW 850, the 8 series was only introduced circa 1990 long after the last old format reg was issued
    edit: too late with the last bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

LS 400 is available , as is 430 and 460 and as far as I know someone has one actually stuck to the correct model of Lexus. :mad: I want one for mine !

Because the CSI 850 plate is in the UK. Do you think anyone here would have had the foresight to buy a manual 850 Csi? Anywho, Junkyard is right, thye're overseeing a huge revenue potential in Cherished Numbers, it could be used to offset VRT a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

ned78 wrote: »

According to cartell.ie CSI850 doesn't exist.

True. Another advantage would be that subsequent owners could get rid of the plate, rather than just not buying the car.

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote: »
    According to cartell.ie CSI850 doesn't exist.

See previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Those raised characters on the CSI 633 plate are the only way to go on a classic, IMO.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

the owner of the local snooker club here has 07cw147 on his 6 serios beemer

Advertisement