Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Galaxy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah saw that earlier.
    seems like a deserved score, unlike halo3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not really a spoiler;
    Eurogamer have been dishing out way too many 10/10 scores recently, and most of the ones that I've played have felt more like 8-9/10 games...
    Having said that, I couldn't give a rats ass, I'll most definitely be buying this one in less than 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

tman wrote: »
    Not really a spoiler;
    Eurogamer have been dishing out way too many 10/10 scores recently, and most of the ones that I've played have felt more like 8-9/10 games...
    Having said that, I couldn't give a rats ass, I'll most definitely be buying this one in less than 2 weeks!

not really spoilers but could give the score away to people who don't want to know, but i agree. a bit of editorialisation wouldn't go a-miss in that respect.

and yes, can't wait for this. it'll give me a reason to dust down the wii

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to agree with eurogamer giving out way too many 10/10's. I think most of the staff don't agree with the Halo 3 score either. Krudster gave MP 3 a 9/10 but said in the comments that it's a far superior game to Halo 3.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to Galaxy, was there any doubt that it wouldn't be fantastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

It's definitely worthy of a ten,

Its the best game I have played on any system since Super Mario 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Have to agree with eurogamer giving out way too many 10/10's. I think most of the staff don't agree with the Halo 3 score either. Krudster gave MP 3 a 9/10 but said in the comments that it's a far superior game to Halo 3.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to Galaxy, was there any doubt that it wouldn't be fantastic?

Ive played through Halo 3. There is no way it is a 10/10 game. Its pretty, polished & good fun but thats about it.

Tusky wrote: »
    Ive played through Halo 3. There is no way it is a 10/10 game. Its pretty, polished & good fun but thats about it.

The 10/10 scores come from the Multiplayer, which is a hell of a lot of fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

WellyJ wrote: »
    The 10/10 scores come from the Multiplayer, which is a hell of a lot of fun.

There are far better multiplayer games out there on the PC and xbox. Team Fortress 2 anyone?

There are far better multiplayer games out there on the PC and xbox. Team Fortress 2 anyone?

You obviously haven't tried Lag Fortress 2 on Live then have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You obviously haven't tried Lag Fortress 2 on Live then have you.

It still received 9/10 on EG for the pc version, which has none of the lag issues associated with the 360 version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I haven't been affected by lag in TF2 in ages. Its a much better multiplayer game than Halo. Halo is very shallow in multiplayer in fact, do not understand its popularity at all

Vegeta wrote: »
    I haven't been affected by lag in TF2 in ages. Its a much better multiplayer game than Halo. Halo is very shallow in multiplayer in fact, do not understand its popularity at all

josh_and_josh_jocks_1.jpg

scott_brian_lewallen_robert_mercado_usc_ucla_football.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

wtf is that, am I missing something

is that a big dumb american reference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

josh_and_josh_jocks_1.jpg

scott_brian_lewallen_robert_mercado_usc_ucla_football.jpg
    Vegeta wrote: »
    wtf is that, am I missing something

is that a big dumb american reference

I think he's answering your question though pictures.... Of the people that make it so popular!!

Great pics btw Retr0!:D

I think he's answering your question though pictures.... Of the people that make it so popular!!

A picture says a thousand words and before anyone asks, no they aren't from any 'personal' collection.

Oh crap,

I don't look or act like those guys,

Does that mean I should sell my copy and stop playing it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Oh crap,

I don't look or act like those guys,

Does that mean I should sell my copy and stop playing it??

Yes.

Wasn't team fortress 2 patched not long ago to get rid of the lag?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Team Fortress on Live is laggy if you pick the wrong game, but just pick a decent connection and you'll be grand. And yes, best multiplayer around. (and lollers at the pics)

Back on topic (although that is arguably the most off topic thread I have come across in a while) I have actually decided to buy a Wii to play this game.

It'd better be good Nintendo, it'd better be good. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

A picture says a thousand words and before anyone asks, no they aren't from any 'personal' collection.
    Versus...

volition_tf2.jpg
    nihilistic_tf2.jpg

etc. I'm sure anyone with steam will have already seen these, but just in case, http://kotaku.com/gaming/halloween-hangover/

See the difference? :D

That first scout looks cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Haha brilliant, but the blue team seem to be a man down

On topic, game looks fantastic.

that is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

QFT TBH

20041108h.jpg

Advertisement