Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb wireless???

Options
  • 05-11-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Im currently using eircom and am thinking of changing to Digiweb wreless because my line is so slow. Anyone have any experience with Digiweb wireless or can reccommend a service thats better than eircom? ( ''anything' doesnt count as an answer) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It depends where you are if you get Digiweb Wireless or Digiweb Metro.

Are you currently using dialup modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

We have Metro in work and it works really well. Reliable and good speed. It is a business package though.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I have eircom broadband and is sometimes as slow as dial up. This is even after I delete temp files. The pages freeze unexplainidly also. its very frustrating and Im sure I can get a better deal with the market so full of other brands now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I am currently using Digiweb Wireless in Fingal and it can be VERY VERY slow at times.Even at its best its still slower then B/B coming thru the fone line.But my whole reason for getting wireless was to eventually get rid of the rip off land line

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

eddie73 wrote: »
    I have eircom broadband and is sometimes as slow as dial up. This is even after I delete temp files. The pages freeze unexplainidly also. its very frustrating and Im sure I can get a better deal with the market so full of other brands now.

It sounds like you have some other problem. Perhaps you could find the Stats page on your Router and paste the Signal readings.

If the problem is not actually the Broadband, you won't get any improvement changing supplier. Unless the phone line, Router or PC is faulty, DSL broadband on phone never is as slow as dialup. It's a minimum of 10 times faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Thanks for the replys. My stats seem ok. My speed is fine as well today. What could be wrong with my pc to affect speed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 semicolon

i use digi web in tallaght and we have a 3mb line and its fine its also not bad at €35 pm

my wife got speedtest.net and she looks at it every day to see how far off we are and its nearly at full strength 96% or the time

simon

Advertisement