Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Have I mentioned recently that Clarkson is a big-headed twat?
    Every word that comes out of his mouth is 100% predictable.
    Having said that I think Top Gear has become more entertaining in the last year or so. Oddly, the less the show has to do with cars the more enjoyable it seems to become. The US trip, the Polar trip and last nights program were all very good IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

TG used to be a sort of tv based car magazine testing good vs evil cars - explaining good driving techniques etc, Clarkson was a really excellent journalist on it too, but since he re-joined it became less and less informative and more and more entertainment - thats all it is now.

TV does really need a good car magazine - TG aint it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote: »
    I never quite saw the point of a seperate foum

Neither did I. Posting about it here is fine, lads

I enjoyed the episode but was expecting a bit more happening with all that meat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clarkson said it himself at that TV awards thingy last week - "fact free for 5 years"

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

High&Low wrote: »
    BTW it was Botswana they drove across, they never went near Mozambique, its to the East of Zimbabwe.
    Ah, sorry about that, I was doing it from memory :) Anyway, they didn't go through South Africa anyway, which was my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Great show. It's up there with the polar special that they did.

didnt really like that polar special to be honest

also does anyone remeber top gear before when it was more lets say practical...........shudder, still though I do prefer when they did car reviews,

here have a look at youre own peril(youve been warned it gets worse as it goes on)
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AEtY5kcqE
    the bit where they compare them is just terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Also noticed "Long Way Down" was on right after TopGear - the same team that did 'Long way around' - Evan McGregor and Charlie Boorman etc. I am really looking forward to how it will turn out. I really liked 'Long Way Around'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I didn't even know there was a TG forum !!

Where is it ?

I missed the programme AND the repeat, her indoors cant stand JC, and I am rather bored of the typical TG layout. I hadn't realised this one was anothe "expedition".

Any links ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

MercMad wrote: »

Where is it ?

I missed the programme AND the repeat, her indoors cant stand JC, and I am rather bored of the typical TG layout. I hadn't realised this one was anothe "expedition".

Any links ?

I thought the repeats were Tuesdays at 19:00 - am I wrong?
    (I never see the repeats)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

MercMad wrote: »

Where is it ?

TopGear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,788 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The new series is being shown on Dave a couple of weeks behind the BBC2 eps - so you can catch it on there at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump its on bbc2 now.

Mike.

Advertisement