Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] tidings from fanfest

Options
  • 05-11-2007 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

news!!!#1212111

eve voice will be free, and has a lot more functionality added.
    drones are getting some uber love
    scripting on modules allowing multiple functionality (also on drones to allow passive or aggressive stances)
    three new faction implant sets from mordus legion, sisters of eve and ORE.
    also new faction items from same.
    Heat attenuation (the module overheating bleeds heat into the next module over and offline modules count as heatsinks)
    new trailer for trinity 2 coming soon and its ****ing awesome.

MOZO!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

/r/ pictures and amusing anecdotes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Only 865 Irish people play Eve! I'm disappointed. On the plus side we can all say that we're better Eve players than 99.97959% of the Irish population.:D

farohar wrote: »
    Only 865 Irish people play Eve! I'm disappointed. On the plus side we can all say that we're better Eve players than 99.97959% of the Irish population.:D

I thought it was a lot less tbh. Well some players have probably been counted more then once there. I knew it wasn't "20" like.. uh someone who was on EveTV said. Irish roaming gang could turn into Irish pwnage fleet if we got all together. The North could be ours! >:)

• Advertisement

True, probably a few who have second accounts. Do we really want the north though? Too much trouble in the north, also there's too little green space & too much orange. :D
    I mean where would we mine in peace? :p

Well I was making reference to the New North of the eve map being kinda all over the place now we could probably easily take it. But I see what you did there.

We could take Fountain as well.

we could take topeka!

Wheres this number coming from? :D

One of the images shows the make up of the Eve playerbase by country, it includes both % and actual numbers of subscribers.
    http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1857278269&size=o
    Ireland is listed as 865, 0.47%, near the bottom of the block of country details on the right of the image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Must be only around 400 real irish players in eve so ;/ thats sad :( we need more irish i tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote: »
    scripting on modules allowing multiple functionality

Wot dat mean Guv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Zillah wrote: »
    Wot dat mean Guv?

Does this mean you can start writing your own macro's by assigning keystrokes?

I think it means a module can do more then one thing..?

There's an Irish channel? Hmm... have to try find it so...
    AFAIK one of my corp mates is also Irish so there are a few of us about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

farohar wrote: »
    There's an Irish channel? Hmm... have to try find it so...
    AFAIK one of my corp mates is also Irish so there are a few of us about.

Don't bother it's ****, it's mostly me being a emo bitch whinging about losing my ships to lag/faggots/RPer's and also bitching about how much I hate yanks.

The others just RP homosexuals a lot. (I do too, if in the mood)

If this sounds good join 'Irish' in channel and mailing lists.

Irish chan could do with less moaning and more fun times. Last good convo had in there was about old cartoon intros that was fun :D I think some new people in Irish chan would liven things up. As long as Gneez and Rive don't scare them away. Also moar Irish roaming gangs.

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Don't bother it's ****, it's mostly me being a emo bitch whinging about losing my ships to lag/faggots/RPer's and also bitching about how much I hate yanks.

The others just RP homosexuals a lot. (I do too, if in the mood)

If this sounds good join 'Irish' in channel and mailing lists.

Theres a mailing list? :eek:

no the module scripting will not allow you to make macros and such

heres two examples they gave at fanfest

Sensor booster, currently gives bonus to lock on time and targeting range. they are going to raise both of these amounts slightly, but you can only have one of them at any one time. but you can change this on the right click menu while in space.

Warp jammer/disruptor, merging these items into 1 item and you choose long range and 1 point or short range and 2 points.

on drones its going to allow passive/aggressive stancing and defending/supporting commands.

• Advertisement

well **** if its one thing the game needs its more micromanageing fiddly drop down menus on small mod's in the middle of a fight that might last around 1-2mins:rolleyes:

Typical tbh

Warp jammer/disruptor, merging these items into 1 item and you choose long range and 1 point or short range and 2 points.

Couldn't they have just made it automatic? Like, you can target up to the maximum range and it'll be STR1, and if you get close enough it upgrades to STR2?

on drones its going to allow passive/aggressive stancing and defending/supporting commands.

Any idea if this will allow them to act without you having targetted the enemy, e.g. when rats appear in a belt?
    This might help AFK miners alot:), but at the same time really helps out macro miners.:(
    Will leaving them in aggressive mode in 0.5 or higher space risk them attacking someone you have no rights to and so drawing concorde's wrath?
    Does sound nice for those of us who love drones (know quite a few in game who swear by them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Sensor booster, currently gives bonus to lock on time and targeting range. they are going to raise both of these amounts slightly, but you can only have one of them at any one time. but you can change this on the right click menu while in space.

Yeah thats gonna be awesome, in fleet fights too so very awesome. In the lag it's bad enough just trying to activate your mods, let alone ****ing about with drop down menus. I mean what the christ is wrong with sensor boosters now?

As for the warp scrams, what about fitting? The short range 2 point scrams were easier to fit, what now? More ****ing headaches /o\ :whoseamoaningmichaeltonightthented:

Maybe fix POS warfare instead CCP. Glippo has some wonderful ideas.

oh lord help us horrible thought .......slectable invun field/eanm bonus's that will be just super -_- sitting there trying to see on your log whats been fired at you while trying to macromanage heat, dual purpose mods, drones and ammo type AWW YA with that sort of multi tasking ablity ccp clealy think we are all real life astronaut's

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Yeah thats gonna be awesome, in fleet fights too so very awesome. In the lag it's bad enough just trying to activate your mods, let alone ****ing about with drop down menus. I mean what the christ is wrong with sensor boosters now?

As for the warp scrams, what about fitting? The short range 2 point scrams were easier to fit, what now? More ****ing headaches /o\ :whoseamoaningmichaeltonightthented:

Maybe fix POS warfare instead CCP. Glippo has some wonderful ideas.

True Dat Darc....., But i have wonderful ideas lol...what are they?

And over 800 irish ppl, more than i thought tbh, but does makes sense weve always said there was a ton more irish ppl than you would judge from irish channel, you do seem to run into them everywhere.
    We should really try get more ppl to join + stay in irish channel tbh.....

what they were saying was you could NOT do it in the middle of combat, also how the icons appear on screen is going to change slightly to aid people who are color blind.

pos warfare is also getting seen to, one of the ideas bounced around the round table was to make the oldest surviving pos the controller of the system, that way you would have to kill all the original sides pos's before claiming the system. which in turn would kill off pos pingpong, but like i said that was just an idea.

something else they plan to do is preloading a lot of stuff so you get less lag on entry to a fleet situation and splitting each system into multiple nodes (market on one, chat on another etc)

something else they plan to do is preloading a lot of stuff so you get less lag on entry to a fleet situation and splitting each system into multiple nodes (market on one, chat on another etc)

I have a great image of people happily chatting in local while their ships jerk into battle in laggy slow motion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭kaahooters

lets form an alt corp and pwn in hed. aaa and iac will never expect the :furry green leprecauns" to kill them.|(all in ibis ofcorse.)

Advertisement