Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Respraying my Keyed car

Options
  • 05-11-2007 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I got a brand new 07 vw golf and someone decided to to key the back of it , 2 massive marks , brought it to panel beater and he touched it up but said it was too deep and that it needed to be resprayed , DOES anyone know or have an idea of what it going to cost me to get it done???
    It metalic United Grey
    Plz message me if you have any ideas
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The panel beater will know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

www.mgautostyling.com, south dublin. As above only a panel beater will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

That's just ****. I don't know why people are like that. Where did it happen?
    To add to my own (self inflicted) list of dents and scrapes I am missing a hubcap, I am 99% sure it was robbed in Dundrum Shopping Centre. It was a brand new one, so another 50 yo-yo at stealership prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

That's just ****. I don't know why people are like that. Where did it happen?
    To add to my own (self inflicted) list of dents and scrapes I am missing a hubcap, I am 99% sure it was robbed in Dundrum Shopping Centre. It was a brand new one, so another 50 yo-yo at stealership prices.

Ties hub caps onto the wheel with 4-5 cable-ties. It's off-putting to anyone who might want to rob one and hub caps tend to fall off anyway so this stops this from happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

CarLover wrote: »
    Ties hub caps onto the wheel with 4-5 cable-ties. It's off-putting to anyone who might want to rob one and hub caps tend to fall off anyway so this stops this from happening.
    But if you do this, then please remember to carry a knife or something similar in the car for if you ever need to change a wheel by the roadside!! Learnt this one the hard way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I would guesstimate 300-400 euro, as the entire tailgate will need a respray to do a proper job. Is the damage limited to just that one panel? Complete scumbags that do this type of thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Keying is the worst kind of damage. The only comfort I can give you is that this happended to a friend's Lexus LS400. All down one side. I'd say due to the size of the car the respray costs will will massive, those panels are huge! I don't think you'll see much change out of €300-€400.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Take a couple of pics and send them on...how did he touch them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

My car was keyed before and had to be resprayed. I feel your pain. It's sh1t when someone destroys your porperty for no apparent reason. Don't go to CarCraft btw! Not for that job. Mine wasn't bad, but my car was older than yours so not worth spending more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

TheRugger wrote: »
    I got a brand new 07 vw golf and someone decided to to key the back of it , 2 massive marks , brought it to panel beater and he touched it up but said it was too deep and that it needed to be resprayed , DOES anyone know or have an idea of what it going to cost me to get it done???
    It metalic United Grey
    Plz message me if you have any ideas
    Cheers
    Roughly 250 euro from these guys - www.carcraft.ie

Not sure what issue the poster above has but similar story to yours 07 VW Golf exactly the same colour was done perfectly two months ago by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Roughly 250 euro from these guys - www.carcraft.ie

Not sure what issue the poster above has but similar story to yours 07 VW Golf exactly the same colour was done perfectly two months ago by them.
    Maybe one panel would be fine. Mine was eight panels and the colour was flat and didn't match. Not my problem anymore because the car is sold.

Advertisement