Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl keyboard €99

Options
  • 05-11-2007 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

Lidl (or aldi, can't remember which is which) is offering a full keyboard for €99 next week (thursday onwards) which apparently has PC connectivity.

it's a yamaha thing, bog standard etc. etc.

my query is if it'll be good enough to begin learning stuff in reason (i have reason3 atm) or should i go for a smaller midi keyboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

it depends on how the keyboard can be connected to your pc. if it only has midi ports then you'll have to have a a soundcard with a build in midi port interface. if it can be connected to your pc via a usb cable then you shouldn't have any problems.

i was given a keyboard as a gift bought from lidl last year. its was a yamaha also & only had midi in-out ports for pc connection. luckily enough my sound card has a midi port interface so i was able to get connected easily enough.

as for using it to start learning reason....well i've had no problems with it so far using it with reason & ableton but for €99 you should check out ebay to see if there's better alternative keyboards for sale at a similar price. The major downfall with the lidl keyboard is that it has no sliders, control knobs or velocity sensitive keys to make interacting with reason 3.0 that bit easier. You might see a keyboard on sale in ebay for the same price which has all these capabilities. I'm looking into getting a new keyboard already & i havent even had mine a year because you'll be surprised how much easier making music with reason 3.0 would be with a better keyboard. so my advise is to check out whats out there before you do your lidl shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

I was looking at one of these myself, only for practicing keyboards though as its five octaves.
    Im pretty sure the specs said it has midi in/out but as far as I can remember thats about it in regards to connecting it to your pc.
    So basically what jess says, goes on this one. :)

Advertisement