Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found this handy last year

Options
  • 05-11-2007 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

This helped me out last year, the teacher were none to impressed with my top answer fresh from the State Examinations Commission website.

Anyway.

Clicky

Select, Marking schemes

If your doing any of the papers, this will give you the answers.

Select subject. Level. Paper. Then it will give you the answer.

enjoi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

What's the point of doing that? You're better off in the long-term to do it yourself and learn what's expected for the question, then consult the marking schemes after a few attempts, then you know where you're going wrong.

This is a ridiculous post and should be deleted in my view, Teachers give homework for a reason and it's not for the sake of completion but rather to see how they understand and learn the material themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

msg11 wrote: »
    This helped me out last year, the teacher were none to impressed with my top answer fresh from the State Examinations Commission website.

Anyway.

Clicky

Select, Marking schemes

If your doing any of the papers, this will give you the answers.

Select subject. Level. Paper. Then it will give you the answer.

enjoi

Not much good in June in the exam. And while the marking scheme is good for reference, because the standard of answers given varies from year to year some answers that might be accepted one year may not be accepted in another year where the standard of answering is far higher. So answering your homework by copying the marking scheme will get you so far, but it will not tell you which answers are the best ones to give. I've been correcting for a number of years and I would always prefer my students to have a go without the marking scheme rather than handing up a word perfect answer they don't understand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You'd swear you'd discovered America or something! Don't honestly tell me you didn't know about these? Junior Cert? By the way most of the teachers have the marking schemes so you're fooling nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Firstly, take the hats off. Because, I have finished school. I didn't say go behind your teachers back and use them etc...

As said, there for reference.

Anyways, a maths teacher of mine told us to do them and get the answers from the site to get us to understand it and it worked for me anyway.

Really need to take a chill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

msg11 wrote: »
    I didn't say go behind your teachers back and use them etc...

lol, are you serious? You realise that teachers refer to these themselves?

I'm going to have to agree with Alan4cult here, everybody knows that these are up on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Yeah but he's just trying to do anyone who doesn't know a favour, they are extremely handy and loads of people in my year didn't know about it anyway.

So relax

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i use that for tech drawing. you know when i try and i can't do some of it.
    only problem is its harder to try and figure how how they did it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Most of the notes I get from economics are the marking scheme because they are fairly detailed however you have to expand your points a tad bit to get a good mark in the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

:| wrote: »
    Yeah but he's just trying to do anyone who doesn't know a favour, they are extremely handy and loads of people in my year didn't know about it anyway.

So relax
    The word handy doesn't mean good. If the marking schemes were adequate people wouldn't bother writing textbooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Reminds me of honours maths in the junior cert, we always got homework from the exam papers and literally every day I used the codes from e-xamit.ie, of course i'm doing pass now ahem...go figure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

thanks!! that's gonna be really handy for subjects like Tech Drawing!

Advertisement