Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burlesque!!!

• 05-11-2007 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

That's right folks it's that time of year again!

The infamous Burlesque!!! Hosted as usual by the Sci-Fi Soc, it will as always be a night to remember!

Taking place in Eamon Dorans, on Tuesday the 13th of November, doors are at 8pm. Tickets are €5 for sci-fe members and €7 for non members. Tickets on sale November 8th, available from the ground floor of the science hub!

The bands this year are Tarrintino, a fantastic indie rock band from Gorey, Wexford, and last years Earl Grey, no link to them, soz!

Can't actually link you to the sci-fi bebo, members only n all, but I'll keep this updated!
    It's gonna be a fantastic night, and I urge you all to come!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Just to point out that Tarrantino are a bloody excellent band! They play the odd time in my local.. really great bunch of lads, very talented & highly recommended!

Don't think Burlesques my thing however..

edit: oh btw, you might want to make sure that bebo link you posted is accessible. seems it's on private, im getting : "You are not authorized to view this profile."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

crap ye thanks, it's the sci-fi page, forgot you had to be a member! I'll keep this updated anyway!

Yeah I know tino pretty well, got them this gig, fantastic guys, fantastic show, really great, love em to bits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I saw the notices around the campus.. I'm definately going :D

fantastic!!! Woot! Can't wait, might be working and therefore arriving late, but there's no way I'm missing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Corsets and Garters? Definitely not missing this!

• Advertisement

BUMP

Come on people tis gonna be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

only just saw this now, will try to make it. Can you pay at the door? Gonna try get a few mates to come along.

yeah you can indeed! €7

I'm wearing a very boobs and ass army dress so come say hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Le Rack wrote: »
    yeah you can indeed! €7

I'm wearing a very boobs and ass army dress so come say hi!

Ah, sh1te... mine is at the cleaners!!!:mad:

ok, I met at least one of you last night, where were the rest of ye?

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote: »
    ok, I met at least one of you last night, where were the rest of ye?

yup, that would be me!

woohoo!

i was with a few other boardsies earlier on in the night but they're non ucders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Aye it was a good night. We had over a hundred ticket sales so was best Burlesque since ze societies inception by my reckoning.

Any votes for us hosting a second one next semester??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Um, yes. A thought, however: is there a chance of getting actual burlesque at the burlesque?

They didn't check tickets so there was random people coming in and out, and not as many people in burlesque as i'd hoped though

they did check tickets, it was just that legally they can't charge in after half ten so randomers can wander in to see the bands, Earl Grey sucked by the way, 'tino who were on earlier, ie when only actual burlesque-ily dressed people were there were awesome but got cut short on their time

Now, I wouldn't say Earl Grey sucked. How could you not love the rock-enspiel?

awh it was terrible, everyone I've spoken to since or on the night hated them, not to mention they butchered a few songs, they do get brownies for doing the Baywatch song but they're still at a minus...

Yeah, I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying much attention to the band by that point.

PennyLane wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying much attention to the band by that point.
    lol, someone got some!!!

• Advertisement

Hah! If only. I was just drunk and surrounded by people talking at me.

ah, one of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

It actually completly slipped my mind last tuesday. Sorry! :o

I'll try make the next one to make up for it!

for shame and yes you better!

Advertisement