Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wreslting Observer live-Bret Hart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

damn thanks a million for this one vince...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

fatal wrote: »
    damn thanks a million for this one vince...

No problem and I like your signature!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Thanks, I just popped onto the internet to get this, nice when it's so quick! Always takes me ages to find the podcast off the sportsbyline.com site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Typical Bret Hart interview really.

Nothing's his fault ever.

He's great.

Bla bla bla.

The guy needs to get over himself.

• Advertisement

Typical Bret Hart interview really.

Nothing's his fault ever.

I don't get it. What did he not take responsibility for?

Bret is a big fan of himself granted but 9 out of 10 guys that were at the top in that era were too. You had to be. If you didn't think you were good, a whole locker room wasn't going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Bret is a big fan of himself granted but 9 out of 10 guys that were at the top in that era were too. You had to be. If you didn't think you were good, a whole locker room wasn't going to.

Bret has a certain cockiness about him but I believe that he has more than backed it up during his career.
    If you had the slightest bit of doubt about yourself in a wrestling lockeroom in that era you would be swallowed up whole and replaced by someone else in no time.You have to remember how much competition there is backstage and the backstage politics which governs everything in wrestling.

As for the interview, one thing that i thought was interesting was how he related the Vince vs Michaels match at WM 22 to himself and shawn. It was also dissapointing when alvarez pointed out to him that the way the book ends suggests that Bret is in a sense now ready to walk away from all aspects of pro wrestling.I think that it would be a shame for that to happen as I would love nothing more than to see Bret participate in one more show,even if he wasn't to wrestle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

As for the interview, one thing that i thought was interesting was how he related the Vince vs Michaels match at WM 22 to himself and shawn.

I suppose he would think that it related to him in some way, it's the only match (as far as I know) that WWE have tried to get him involved in in the last 10 years
    It was also dissapointing when alvarez pointed out to him that the way the book ends suggests that Bret is in a sense now ready to walk away from all aspects of pro wrestling.I think that it would be a shame for that to happen as I would love nothing more than to see Bret participate in one more show,even if he wasn't to wrestle

I already took it that the Hall of Fame appearance was Bret's last involvement in wrestling. I think Bret said something like that himself on the show. Recently it seemed like Bret might get involved again, with the Hart Foundation rumours and all, but in a way I'm glad that he can just walk away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I didn't mean specifically in that interview, but it was quite clear after ten minutes that it was going to be a typical Bret Hart interview.

Good worker, but that's all he ever was, is and will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"im the best ever, everyone screwed my career, i hate shawn michaels, time honoured tradition my ass, i should have dropped the belt the next night because all of canada belongs to me and its not fair i job in my own country, wah wah wah"

thatll pretty sum up every bret hart interview ever, a great worker, a great talent but seriously has a hero complex about himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

krudler wrote: »
    "im the best ever, everyone screwed my career, i hate shawn michaels, time honoured tradition my ass, i should have dropped the belt the next night because all of canada belongs to me and its not fair i job in my own country, wah wah wah"

thatll pretty sum up every bret hart interview ever, a great worker, a great talent but seriously has a hero complex about himself

+1

krudler wrote: »

thatll pretty sum up every bret hart interview ever,

It doesn't sum up the interview on observer live he did.

Advertisement