Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for a friend

Options
  • 03-11-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a friend visiting Dublin and ask me the following:
    Hi there,
    I hope this finds you well My friends and I are coming over to Dublin soon to celebrate my birthday......and I was wondering if you could suggest anywhere a group of over 40's ((who think they are still 19)) could go for a good laugh and plenty booze !!
    We will only be there for 2 nights, so we dont fancy wasting time trying to find somewhere that caters for our age group and ending up finding it around closing time !!
    lol
    I hope you can help.
    Thanks,

Any ideas? I don't go to the city unless I am working, so not up on where the best places are!

DJ Spider:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Going to move this one to the Dublin City forum, you''ll get better responses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

when are they over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ok I'd recommend The Harding Hotel (Darkey Kellys bar) on Fishamble St.

Friday is Karaoke (I hate it, but its very popular in this place).

Saturday is ballads from 5-9:30pm (very little rebel stuff) and a cover band from 10- closing (00:30). This one is great for an all day session, the ballads turn into a good ol' sing along sometimes too.

Sunday is Ballads (again) from 5:00 - 9:00pm.

Bar food is very cheap and good, being served from the hotels Bistro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I love Break for the Border. I'm 38 going on 19 if that's any help.

Good place to spend the night, have a meal, bit of live music etc then dance round you handbag til the early hours.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

that place knightsbridge on the quays always seems to have drunken english older crown in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Amazed no one's mentioned temple bar,which is where nearly every tourist who comes to dublin ends up,if they don't find somehing to do there they can still get pissed trying,with very little travel involved.

Advertisement