Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT on youtube

Options
  • 05-11-2007 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hiya,

The societies office has collated video clips from students and created a promotional video for student life in DIT. I don't know how to embed the youtube clip, but the link is here:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XDouoGKN4

There's more videos on www.dit.ie/life

I don't think any other college in Ireland is using Youtube as a promotional tool. What do you think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin.07

I looked at it at work with no sound and visually it is very good.

I know UCD are developing visual marketing but not in that way...good idea!

If you are involved in the whole marketing of DIT online I think DIT need to develop a bebo page. This would be good for creating an image of a unified college, a forum for communication within DIT.

A separate bebo page with information, that promotional video, and links to other societies pages could be displayed in the bands page or as friends. This page could add 6th years as friends before the CAO deadline to get the DIT message out.

Just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

to embed a youtube video just get the random characters after the v= bit in this case o1XDouoGKN4 and wrap them in [.youtube] [./youtube] omitting the dots.

eg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Thanks a million - I guess you don't make 12,000 posts without picking up some of those useful tips along the way!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

if your heading down that road.

www.ctn.ie

this is college based web tv, also doing promos for bands and events, they are looking to work with other colleges, drop me a pm if your interested. What is the purpose of the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Finally, DIT students' obsession with surfing the web pays off!

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single9629

Quote: "A video about student life in Dublin is now being downloaded every 45 seconds on popular video site YouTube and has been listed as the “most viewed video of all time” in the Irish education category. "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

DIT students surf the web? I thought they just hammered F5 on Bebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Heres a few videos of a project carried out by a couple of lecturers in the school of computing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/damiantgordon

Advertisement