Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car?

Options
  • 05-11-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks,
    I'll be moving to the states shortly and I am considering buying a Porche Boxster S , circa year 2000. From what I can see their fairly well rated car's except for sound and possibly comfort. I've also been looking into Z3's but the general concensus amongst my friends is its a "hairdressers car", which I've come to see as possibly true.

I'm not really 100% stuck to the idea of a boxster so if anyone has any other sudjestions for swanky car's please feel free to sudjest. The criteria are 1) It must look good. 2) It has to drive extremely well. 3) Economy of fuel and finally 4) It has to be under 30k USD.

Have a good un'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would throw the Honda S2000 into the hat too.

Doesn't have the kudos or performance of the Boxster S but the 237bhp VTEC n/a engine still sounds great and a much better car than the Z3 imho.

Not sure if it was ever sold in the US though, might have been sold under Honda's Acura brand name there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hmm ...if I was going to the states, I'd be tempted to get that big stonking, roarin', tyre smokin' V8 gaz guzzling thing out of my way first ...always wanted to drive one of those.

You know ...when in Rome, etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Just looked up the S2000, I like this! Fine looking car. Yes it is for sale in the US, pretty cheap too(saw a 2005 model for 20k USD)

Must say pes I'm not into the muscle car scene. Although I have no problem's polluting this planet to within an inch of it's life, its as a biproduct of my enjoying myself rather then simply a means to enjoy myself. If that was the aim I wouldnt drive a car, I'd stand around in a field burning tyres all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

The S2000 was sold in the US. Cracking car. A TG magazine I have rates the Boxster S slightly better than the 3.0l Z4. Porsche servicing costs can be quite scary though.

Advertisement