Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity restaurants in london

• 05-11-2007 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has tried jamie oliver or gordon ramseys restaurants in london. checked out gordons on net and they look very good but hugely expensive!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've eaten in one of Oliver's restaurants and it was pure tripe!

I'm looking forward to a meal in Claridge's, whenever I get the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

While Fergus Henderson is not a "celebrity" as such I really want to indulge myself at St John's Bar & Restaurant someday soon.

http://www.stjohnrestaurant.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'd love to try Atul Kochhar's Benares restaurant.
    Heston Blumenthal's place would also be interesting... Just from a scientific standpoint! Also one of Richard Corrigan's places would be nice to visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd quite fancy heading to St John - http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com

Dunno if he is a fully fledged 'celeb' chef though ....

mmmm offal!

Drat - just saw Hill Billy's post!

olaola wrote: »
    I'd quite fancy heading to St John - http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com

Dunno if he is a fully fledged 'celeb' chef though ....

mmmm offal!

Drat - just saw Hill Billy's post!

A girl that likes offal? If I wasn't already married... ;)

Now that I think of it I should get some beef bones - roast them for stock & then have the marrow on toast a la Mr Henderson's signature starter.

While he's not a "celebrity" in the general sense he would certainly be a "food hero" of mine. I was raised on the best of meat, when I say that I mean every part of the beast from quality butchers. From beef heart to t-bones, from ox-tail to tongue. My dear ol' sainted Grand-Nan Billy would have certainly have approved of the St John's menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd love to try Atul Kochhar's Benares restaurant.
    Me too, although you might have to book up 6 months in advance. Anyway, I've heard that he's opening a restaurant here very soon. Supposed to be in Dundrum somewhere apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Actor Michael Caine owns and frequents a restaurant in London, but I cannot remember the name of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Hill Billy wrote: »
    While Fergus Henderson is not a "celebrity" as such I really want to indulge myself at St John's Bar & Restaurant someday soon.

http://www.stjohnrestaurant.co.uk/

Ditto

Actor Michael Caine owns and frequents a restaurant in London, but I cannot remember the name of the place.

He used to own Langan's in London. Not sure if he still does. He also has a place in LA I think.

Minor celebrity chef Michael Caines on the other hand has restaurants in Exeter, Glasgow, Canterbury, Manchester, Chester & Bristol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hill Billy wrote: »
    A girl that likes offal? If I wasn't already married... ;)

Now that I think of it I should get some beef bones - roast them for stock & then have the marrow on toast a la Mr Henderson's signature starter.

While he's not a "celebrity" in the general sense he would certainly be a "food hero" of mine. I was raised on the best of meat, when I say that I mean every part of the beast from quality butchers. From beef heart to t-bones, from ox-tail to tongue. My dear ol' sainted Grand-Nan Billy would have certainly have approved of the St John's menu.

Talking about offal... Have you been to the Winding Stair?? I've had a very very good dish of devilled kidneys in there.

Myself and a friend are getting half a saddleback pig (not sure whether to try to butcher it ourselves) and doing a Hugh FW on it. The aul 'Pig in a day' DVD has been watched many times!
    MMM pigalicious :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement