Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Head Unit (2003) & Harman Kardon Drive + Play

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Can someone tell me what connections are availabe on the Head Unit in the attached image, its from a 2003 Golf. I'd imagine it has a CD changer port but does it have an auxiliary port?

I am going to connect my Ipod and have been looking at the Harman Kardon Drive + Play. I dont want to use the FM transmitter, I want to wire it to an auxiliary port. I've read some posts on the net but I would be intrested in your experience with the device especially if you managed to connect it to a VW head unit. Also does anyone have the newer model, Drive + Play 2?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

It has a CD changer port but no Aux In. I bought a Dension Ice Link Plus for my old car which had that head unit, but I think the Ice Link has been replaced by a newer model.

That radio is called the "Delta 6" by the way.

Try here: http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/VW_iPod_Car_Kit/Dension_VW_Gateway_100_iPod_Car_Kit/VW_ice%3ELink_Gateway_100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

For the last year have the Dension Ice Link Plus fitted to that model also. Works well, but took a bit of getting used to the controls, and doesnt display track names on the headunit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

trant wrote: »
    It has a CD changer port but no Aux In.

That radio is called the "Delta 6" by the way.

The Delta 6's CD changer input contains an AUX Input.

Something like this will allow an iPod to use the AUX input.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can someone tell me what connections are availabe on the Head Unit in the attached image, its from a 2003 Golf. I'd imagine it has a CD changer port but does it have an auxiliary port?

I am going to connect my Ipod and have been looking at the Harman Kardon Drive + Play. I dont want to use the FM transmitter, I want to wire it to an auxiliary port. I've read some posts on the net but I would be intrested in your experience with the device especially if you managed to connect it to a VW head unit. Also does anyone have the newer model, Drive + Play 2?

Thanks guys

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the HK installation. I bought the older one myself recently, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

Advertisement