Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The black canary and the green arrow comics

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Heya im a bit of a newbie to comics ,a late starter you could say at the grand old age of 17!I was wondering how does the coming -out-of comics work each month and how do you keep track of the series?Reecently i was enjoying a great wonderwoman series in which the final edition that i have she was fighting her mother ,i have since yet to find the concluding comic of that series much to my disspaointment.

On Thursday last i discovered the Black Canary and Green Arrow Wedding special and became hooked instantly!At the end of the comic it promised that new series would be made of the Green Arrow and The Black Canary would be availble ,does anyone know if this is yet availble ?Any feedback would be very much appreciated !!:D:D:D

Also what time does fp stay open till on a thursday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

If you go into the 3rd Place in temple bar they will compile a list of current comic series you want and collect them for you each week. You just drop in whenever you are free and they'll have all your stuff waiting in a bag for you, easier than rooting through tons of crap to find what you want.
    As for back issues, the best bet is to look online for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

bombidol wrote: »
    If you go into the 3rd Place in temple bar they will compile a list of current comic series you want and collect them for you each week.

forbidden planet and subcity will do that as well. Last time I check there was a mini number of books you had to put on standing order [its was either 3 or 5 can't recall] but that was a while ago and might have chanaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Green Arrow/Black Canary #1 came out a few weeks ago, if you can't find it it may have sold out already, issue 2 might even be out this week. I think FP stay open until 9 on Thurs. but as bombidol and ztoical said if you set up a s/o in any of the shops they'll keep them for you. I personally find the 3rd Place to be the cheapest and know that if you have more than 10 titles on your standing order for the month they'll give you a 10% discount. They also send out a weekly shipping list to their s/o customers telling you what's expected in and giving you the opportunity to grab any extra titles you might otherwise miss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

bombidol wrote: »
    If you go into the 3rd Place in temple bar they will compile a list of current comic series you want and collect them for you each week.
    Really? Thats pretty awesome, I might get them to reserve me some Lobster Johnson issues and BPRD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yup, those two are on my list too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement