Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooooh Shiny!

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

What do ye all think of the new revamped area outside the Arts Block? Its all shiny and new [I'm so easily amused :)]
    It really opens up the area and creates a lot more light.. I'd say it'll be lovely during the summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I came in on Saturday.

Had a smoke at the wall
    Had a smoke at the new wall
    Had another smoke at the wall.

Prefer the old wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah will be nice during summer...at the moment its looking kinda like some crappy decking in a backyard somewhere in the dublin commuter belt...probably cost UCD €16million to build it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it... eep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

It's all well and good but they chopped down a bunch of bushes/small trees nearby.... er why?

I like the lack of gorse weeds along the concourse. Makes the place seem more open. Thats where the blackboard server maintence fee went

• Advertisement

teehee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Looks pretty good actually, according to my insider in Hugh Brady's office it has cost over eleventy billion. Money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Umaro wrote: »
    Looks pretty good actually, according to my insider in Hugh Brady's office it has cost over eleventy billion. Money well spent.

:eek::eek::eek:god will indeed forgive ucd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I agree that it opens up the area. It will allow more sunlight into the area. And it was done pretty quickly, which is something I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

quickly?????

That place has been board up since august! Doubt i'd call it quick to take down some trees and put down decking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I meant the trees and the bushes. It did take a long time for them to set the 'area' up. It's been boarded up since September I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I like it. I do wish they'd renovate the rest of the place around the Arts block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Iirc that is the plan.

There's also a thing whereby they're updating the inside too - there was a forum last week or the week before about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I like it. Was outside on it earlier, looks funky with the lights in the plants and seats. Plus it saves walking up all those steps in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

The length of time that took, i thought they were building a new building!:eek:

Still nice though.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

"You ain't thinkin' of getting rid of the dank, are ya?"
    "Aaahh, maybe I am..."
    "But Moe, the dank, THE DANK!"

I miss the dank...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It looks well pretty after dark with the lights on and such.
    Still I prefer the old wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

ooooh all the purdy lights- looks like some crazy spaceship (maybe thats just me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Yeah, the lights really freaked me out until I realized where they were coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

I was in and out of Arts a lot today, how did I not see that... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I noticed today that the trees are cut down right up to the restaurant. I wonder if they're going to put the same decking right up along the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Hopefully, that would look really good. It'd be nice if UCD looked like a college, y'know..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I like it! I like it alot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Pic?????

(seeing as I'm in London for the foreseeable future and won't be able to experience the wonderfulness of this new shiny thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Richie15 wrote: »
    I was in and out of Arts a lot today, how did I not see that... :confused:
    cuz you're silly...

HAHA pissing rain this morning. It cleans the wood!

tis nice, but a bit out of character for the campus, no? It's all grey and dull grey and dull grey and dull, wayhay, a completely wooden area! grey and dull, grey and dull....etc

Still, it's nice :)

I liked the old mess of trees, i was not consulted! I am outraged. How dare you brady!

Advertisement