Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen cows

Options
  • 05-11-2007 12:24pm

A farmer goes out to his field one morning only to find all of his Cows frozen solid.

As far as the eye can see are cows, motionless like statues.

It had been a bitterly cold night, but he'd never thought anything like this would happen.

The realisation of the situation then dawned on him.

With his entire livestock gone, how would he make ends meet? How would he feed his wife and kids? How would he pay the mortgage?

He sat with his head in his hands, trying to come to terms with his impending poverty.

Just then, an elderly woman walked by, 'What's the matter?' asked the old lady.

The farmer gestured toward the frozen cows and explained his predicament to the woman.

Without hesitation the old woman smiled and began to rub one of the cows noses. After a few seconds the cow began to twitch and was soon back to normal and chewing the cud.

One by one, the old woman defrosted the cows until the whole field was full of healthy animals.

The farmer was delighted and asked the woman what she wanted as a repayment for her deed.

She declined his offer and walked off across the field.

A passer-by who had witnessed the whole thing approached the farmer.
    'You know who that was don't you?' asked the passer-by.

'No' said the farmer 'who?'

scroll down

wait for it
    it's worth it.....trust me
    'That was Thora Hird.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Her last Stroke was in 2003!!!

And twas her that died!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

????????????????????????????????????

wtf????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wish I knew who Thora Herd was before I heard this joke...

Enright wrote: »
    ????????????????????????????????????

wtf????

She used to be in "last of the Summer wine" but died of a stroke in 2003 !

I never said that it was a new one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

One from the vaults all right, but a good one none the less. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Maybe they were meant to be cold, maybe they were Fresian Cows

Jaysus hand me that coat double quick!
    thats 2 strikes for me tonight, once more and i'm out.

Have you seen that Tesco's advert where the camper gets chilled milk from a cow;).

Mooooooooooooove along now....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Haven't herd that one before...

ahem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I smiled at the idea of rubbing cows noses to thaw them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

You deserve a kicking but I am laughing too much to administer one!! LOL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

SumGuy wrote: »
    Haven't herd that one before...

ahem..

lol

mickrourke wrote: »
    Maybe they were meant to be cold, maybe they were Fresian Cows

Jaysus hand me that coat double quick!
    thats 2 strikes for me tonight, once more and i'm out.

Good One ! Why didn't you put on your "Jersey" and run !!

ALSO JUMPING INTO "Limousine"! On way to HEREFORD.

This thread has turned into a right load of old bull :p

This thread has turned into a right load of old bull :p

Thats got a familiar ring to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I want to laugh at it, but I'm afraid if I do I'll have to kick my own ar$e

dak wrote: »
    Thats got a familiar ring to it
    A bullring perhaps.

A bullring perhaps.

Was it not obvious ? I was going to say through it but that would have given it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

Just turn the udder cheek and mooo-ve on...

No use in crying over spilt milk :p

industria wrote: »
    Just turn the udder cheek and mooo-ve on...

No use in crying over spilt milk :p

HERD that one before!

• Advertisement

A farmer down the road had a fairly large herd of cows and three bulls. Each bull keeping a strict eye on his portion of the cows. A rumour comes around that the farmer is going to get another bull and the three bulls are standing in the field discussing this. The first bull says, "Well, there's no way he's going to get any of my cows." The second bull agrees, "Yeah, I'm not giving up any. He can wait till next year and get some of the new ones." The third bull who was a bit smaller says, "I don't have as many as you guys so I'm not giving any up." Finally, the new bull arrives. The first three gather at the edge of the field to watch him being unloaded from the trailor. To their consternation, the biggest, meanest Brahma bull they have ever seen comes strolling down the ramp and glares at them. He's at least three times bigger than any of them. The first bull looks around nervously and says, "Well now, I suppose it would be a neighbourly thing to give this guy some cows. I think I'll give him twenty of mine." The second bull says, "Yeah, I guess so, I'll give him thirty of mine." They look over at the small bull. He's busy pawing the grass, snorting, and shaking his head. They go over and ask him what he's doing and suggest that he should give up some cows too. He says, "Yes I know, I'm just making sure he knows I'm a bull

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

That was a load of bullocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Cheese-us that was bad, butter this is worse

2 cows standing at the gate, one turns to the other and says "Christ, all this talk of Mad Cow disease would have you reall worried!" The other one says "What are you asking me for, I'm a giraffe."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

What do you get when you cross a cow with a sheep and a goat?

A milky bah kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

stop.I can't take any more

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I agree. And anyway, it's pasture bedtime.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I agree. And anyway, it's pasture bedtime.

Stop milking it !

dak wrote: »
    Stop milking it !

pull the udder one!

pull the udder one!

Don't cross my "cow" path !

• Advertisement

pull the udder one!

There were these two cousins, one from Cavan (he's a bit thick) and the other from Monaghan (he isn't). And the two inherit the family farm. It's not a bad farm, but unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in dire financial straits. In order to keep the bank (hiss hiss spit spit) from repossessing the farm, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock.

The Monaghan cousin balances their chequebook, then takes their last 600 quid out to another farm, way down in the Midlands, where a man has a prize bull for sale. Upon leaving, he tells his cousin "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home." The Monaghan fella arrives at the man's farm, inspects the bull, and decides he wants to buy it there and then. The bull's owner says he can sell it for £599, nothing more but nothing less. After paying him, the Monaghan guy drives to the nearest town to send his cousin a telegram to tell him the news.

He walks into the post office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my cousin telling him that I've bought a great bull for our farm. I need him to hitch the farmyard trailer up to our van and drive out here so we can haul it home." The telegraph operator in the post office explains that he'll be glad to help, then adds, "No problem, it's just 11 shillings a word." Well, after paying for the bull, the Monaghan man only has £1 left.

What can he do? He realises that he'll only be able to send his cousin one bloody word. After thinking for a minute or two, he nods, and says, "I want you to send him just one word - the word 'comfortable'." The man behind the counter shakes his head. "How the hell is he ever going to know that you want him to hitch the trailer to the back of your van and drive out all the way to here in the Midlands to haul that bull back to your farm if you send him the word 'comfortable'?" The Monaghan man explains: "My cousin's from Cavan. He'll read it dead slow."

Advertisement