Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yadgar restaurant - I love it but.....

Options
  • 05-11-2007 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Ok I absolutely love this restaurant, the food is amazing, the service is great until you try to get the bill……. they just won’t let you go.

On one occasion we were asked did we want desert by four different waiters and in total six times! Then they kept asking did we want Sambuca! This happens every time. Most times we do get desert but they still won't bring us the bill - the last time we asked three times and we just had to get up and go to the take away area and pay.

I love it but its getting to the stage where we are really put off going because it’s such a hassle to get out!

Is it just us or does anyone else have a problem with this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I was down in the old sod last Saturday & took the good lady. A lot of people were saying great things about it & they weren't lying.

We had all the courses & they still brought the Sambuca at the end with the bill. It cost €52 minus the wine (another €50) which was great value. Where I'm living now you wouldn't get anywhere that for value.

They have to remember though that it's the value that keeps the place full most weekends. I've seen too many good restaurants start like that only to get greedy & start jacking up the prices. Then there closed 6 months later.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I also love the place, they even send me christmas cards.

I have noticed how long it can take to get the bill and did end up going to the counter once or twice. Still it does not put me off the place for food and the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

one of the best restaurants ever.... and i love my food...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

I'm a fond lover of the "indians" and I would rate the Cafe India accross the way as superior foodwise to the Yagadar. Definitely worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

Owner Gul is very kind and genuine and always gives extras in a takeaway. Can you imagine the Chinese doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mrtulachmhor

Cafe India is lot more superior. quality of food is a lot better and more authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Alfasud wrote: »
    Owner Gul is very kind and genuine and always gives extras in a takeaway. Can you imagine the Chinese doing that.

100% agree. I am VERY careful who I give my money to. Love thy friends, crush thy enemies; especially with yer custom. To me, Gul deserves all of my indian (and eating out) food money as he is genuine and a friendly bighearted man. I wish him and his staff continued success.

Note: I see this is a resurrected post! No matter, i stand by my words.

Yaadgar has closed down. enough said!!!!

Yaadgar has closed down. enough said!!!!

That's more than a bit mean-spirited. Especially for a newbie.

ps its not closed down for good apparently. Its short-term for now.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    That's more than a bit mean-spirited. Especially for a newbie.

ps its not closed down for good apparently. Its short-term for now.

whats a "newbie" got to do whit it? doh!!! and i like the way your (QUOTE)
    "I wish him and his staff continued success" that really makes sense now "NOT".

• Advertisement

whats a "newbie" got to do whit it? doh!!! and i like the way your (QUOTE)
    "I wish him and his staff continued success" that really makes sense now "NOT".

'I wish him and his staff continued success' was written on the 27th July, before Gul went on the radio to make his announcement; so essentially your grasp of English grammar (and reality) would seem to be very poor.

Your sense of decency would also seem to be poor, gloating on the closing down of a well-liked and supported local business. If you like another one better, great! But I stand by your remarks being mean-spirited and, as a newbie in a community board, bigmouthed. This is no time to be gloating at the closure of businesses who have tried hard and served well. No doubt, I will receive an infraction for back-seat modding but I don't mind taking one for the team. Your insults of a fine restaurant and decent people are petty and intolerable. Newbie, as I said.

Dont even know why im replying to this but please point out my INSULTS (plural) as you "intelligently" pointed out about yaadgar

Dont even know why im replying to this but please point out my INSULTS (plural) as you "intelligently" pointed out about yaadgar

??

>>Yaadgar has closed down. enough said!!!! <<

Pedant. Definitely enough said. Let anyone reading judge if you have been harsh.

Petty pedant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Schadenfreude - very unattractive.

I suspect an involvement in the business elsewhere, in which case it's worse than schadenfreude and karma has a way of levelling things.

I was in Yadgar once - very pleasant. It being mrtulachmhor's recommendation, I would give that other place a miss.

According to mu little sis who is going there tonight, Yaadgar is back open again. Delighted for Gul and his staff and his customers. Best wishes

new yaadgar????? now serving "homemade lasagne" "spag bol" and "penne pasta":confused::confused::confused: mmm very authentic indian food.?????? the chefs must have been on an extensive cookery courses in bologna or napoli:confused::confused: im sure they enjoyd there "authentic indian food" tonight, now that "Giovanni" sorry Gul is back at the Helm:D:D:D

new yaadgar????? now serving "homemade lasagne" "spag bol" and "penne pasta":confused::confused::confused: mmm very authentic indian food.?????? the chefs must have been on an extensive cookery courses in bologna or napoli:confused::confused: im sure they enjoyd there "authentic indian food" tonight, now that "Giovanni" sorry Gul is back at the Helm:D:D:D

What sort of a person are you? Are you just a sh1t-stirrer? You're a pretty poor Boardsie in my opinion. Schadenfreude is pretty ugly. Anyone can see that your recommendations are not worth following. That's no way to abuse a local business in these times. P1ss poor pleb, p1ss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 chronic_candy

Cafe india is reet ardd!

Advertisement