Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy from

Options
  • 05-11-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

me/a new company?

Ok guys I need your help. I'm gonna be selling brand new Xbox 360 games on eBay soon. I know I cant try flogging on here without paying the lads but I just wanna know if what I'm trying to do is viable or not.

I'm probably gonna give it a bash anyway as I won't really have any Irish competition on eBay so I reckon it'll work. Basically, I'll be sourcing my stuff from Asia and the US from a reliable supplier. My only issue is play-asia.com who it's very difficult for me to undercut because of their cheap prices due to the amount they buy in.

I'll probably(hopefully) be doing games for about the €47.99 + shipping mark and know that some of you guys on here know your stuff so wanted opinions. The games I'll be selling will all be region free and my plan is to expand slowly. Do you think or would you buy from me instead of them at that price?

P.S to ADMINS/MODS: This is not me flogging stuff on your site as I've nothing to flog yet but trying to figure out if what I wanna do will work outside of eBay or not.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

TBH on ebay a lot of people will assume the games are pirate.
    if another seller doesnt like you , it is sooo easy to get your auctions pulled while ebay check how "legit" the games are.

you'd want to be shifting a LOT of boxes to make it work.

however having said all that , if you think you can make it work then best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Well I'm ok there. I work for eBay so just have to run up 2 flights of stairs with game in hand to prove they are legit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Like you say, Play-Asia will probably be your main problem. I buy lots from them because it's so cheap and they have a really great service, you may struggle to find a market among those in the know about Play-Asia because of the price and the fact that you'll be new and untested.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sure, there's no harm in trying. Just don't expect to be able to retire from it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yeah, that's my main issue for now. The only thing I have over them is that since I'm in Dublin I'll be able to get the games to buyers here and in the UK a lot quicker than you would from Play-Asia.

I know that they have faster shipping options but it pushes the price up a fair bit.
    humanji wrote: »
    Sure, there's no harm in trying. Just don't expect to be able to retire from it. :)

With the quantities I hope to be eventually selling, that certainly wouldn't be impossible. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement