Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman arrives in the city!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

This morning at 10:15 I went downstairs to collect the post. There was a hand-delivered envelope addressed simply as "urgent". I opened it and it was from Mr Binman. It contained bin tags for Waterford City Council!

I'll scan and upload the letter later, for those who are interested, but basically it says that Mr Binman's contract with the other company they've been sub-contracting it's work to in Waterford City (for permit reasons), has expired. Therefore, until the end of the year, we Mr Binman customers are to use Waterford City Council at no extra cost to ourselves.

Seems fair enough to me. One thing though, I don't know the timetable for Waterford City Council's collections. I found http://www.waterfordcity.ie/environment/timetables.htm but it seems not to be working. I'm in Williamstown Glen. Can anyone advise? Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

benifa wrote: »
    This morning at 10:15 I went downstairs to collect the post. There was a hand-delivered envelope addressed simply as "urgent". I opened it and it was from Mr Binman. It contained bin tags for Waterford City Council!

I'll scan and upload the letter later, for those who are interested, but basically it says that Mr Binman's contract with the other company they've been sub-contracting it's work to in Waterford City (for permit reasons), has expired. Therefore, until the end of the year, we Mr Binman customers are to use Waterford City Council at no extra cost to ourselves.

Seems fair enough to me. One thing though, I don't know the timetable for Waterford City Council's collections. I found http://www.waterfordcity.ie/environment/timetables.htm but it seems not to be working. I'm in Williamstown Glen. Can anyone advise? Thanks. :)

while I'm not 100% sure i think it's back bin this Monday 24th followed by the green bin next Monday and brown the Monday after. i know thats the way for the johns hill grange heights area and i'd say you're on the same route.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

And there back :) They are now offical recognised in Waterford City & County.

For the first month, its free. After that, €28 a month ("Thats only €7 a week!")

They will collect your black and recycling bin every week. The brown bin every two weeks and you get 104 free recycling bags!

Signup online:: www.mrbinman.com or 1890 92 92 45 (9AM - 8PM weekdays, 9am - 5pm Saturday and 1pm -5pm Sundays)

Sully wrote: »
    And there back :) They are now offical recognised in Waterford City & County.

For the first month, its free. After that, €28 a month ("Thats only €7 a week!")

They will collect your black and recycling bin every week. The brown bin every two weeks and you get 104 free recycling bags!

Signup online:: www.mrbinman.com or 1890 92 92 45 (9AM - 8PM weekdays, 9am - 5pm Saturday and 1pm -5pm Sundays)

You on commission Sully? lol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wish :P Wonder how much id get if I asked? :p

Nah I think tis great to see a bit of compo in Waterford!

• Advertisement

It's funny, about half an hour before you posted, I called them up, asking what the story is with their collection (because the WCC tags they gave free are running out). The girl was quite short with me on the phone "yes, we'll be collecting tomorrow" (or words to that effect). Her tone sounded as though she was irritated by my asking! Like, were we supposed to guess when they start back up again or something? Perhaps she was in a bad mood.

Got a dodgy person there :p Maybe shes getting plastered with calls? Theres lot of news articles in the paper and advertisements so im sure people are asking stupid questions like "Is it true?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MrBinmanrubbishcollection.jpg

:eek:

Mike.

Nice duvet Mike! ;)

Right, I called Mr Binman up on Wednesday just gone, to find out what the situation is with their collections. I was told, rather abruptly, that they now have a valid permit and my bins will be emptied tomorrow (yesterday) as per schedule. Right, I thought, fair enough, thank you very much. :)

Yesterday came (Thursday) and I put my bins out bright and early, then off I set to work. I returned from work at 5pm to find the bins had not been emptied! :eek: Thinking this was late but giving them the benefit of the doubt, I called them straight away, at 5pm, and asked the girl nicely what time my collection was due. She told me the bin van had broken down earlier but is now fixed, sorry for the delay, and my bins "would definitely be collected later today". Again, fair enough, is what I thought. :)

At 9pm, they'd still not been collected. Am I stupid for still having the bins out, believing that they'd definitely be collected later today? :rolleyes: Sigh. I called them up, expected an answerphone service, and there was one. I left a message explaining how disappointed I am, and please can you give me a call in the morning to tell me what's going on. It's now 12.50pm, and no phone call, no bin collection. :mad:

Is it worth it? I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the whole thing and going back to WCC. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Teething troubles as they will no doubt say. Given the huge splash they are making via various media (check this weeks papers) they can't afford to let peeps down more than once or twice at most in the early weeks.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Teething troubles as they will no doubt say. Given the huge splash they are making via various media (check this weeks papers) they can't afford to let peeps down more than once or twice at most in the early weeks.

Mike.

Right you are. Actually I just called them up. "He's coming today, he'll be with you later". No sign of an apology though. I asked why didn't they return my call. "Did you leave a voicemail? Our voicemail system isn't working - they're being deleted before we get to listen to them." Right I see, so that's your bin vans and your phones that are having teething problems. Ok. Anyway, bins being collected "later today". Allegedly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

They collected very early one day I was too late- I called them they returned the next day- no problems - anyway it beats having to wait 3 weeks and having to buy those tags.

Traumadoc wrote: »
    They collected very early one day I was too late- I called them they returned the next day- no problems..

You see, that is good service, and in fairness they have been good in the past (at first). They've just got my goat up the past couple of days, with the lack of communication and blazé attitude. Oh, and I didn't appreciate being blatantly lied to either, and not just once. I'll see how they are next week before cancelling anyway, I think that's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Hi I'm thinking of switching to Mr Binman as the three week cycle of bin collection doesn't work for our family. Can you tell me, Do the council let us keep our bins if we switch or do Mr. Binman provide bins?

racram wrote: »
    Hi I'm thinking of switching to Mr Binman as the three week cycle of bin collection doesn't work for our family. Can you tell me, Do the council let us keep our bins if we switch or do Mr. Binman provide bins?

I wondered this too.

I kept my WCC bins and stuck the rather large Mr Binman stickers over the WCC logo. WCC haven't asked for their bins back, and Mr Binman haven't offered to provide me any.. So I'm just acting dumb.

Would nice to know the official procedure though. I mean, are the WCC bins our property upon receipt (like a Sky digibox when you subscribe to Sky), or do we loan them (like an NTL digibox when you subscribe to NTL). Hopefully someone in the know will come on and clarify that.

Would nice to know the official procedure though. I mean, are the WCC bins our property upon receipt (like a Sky digibox when you subscribe to Sky), or do we loan them (like an NTL digibox when you subscribe to NTL). Hopefully someone in the know will come on and clarify that.

Iv asked Mr Binman to clarify, and they told me that basically you can keep the council bins and Mr Binman will re-brand the bins for you after you join. If the council do take the bins away, they will replace them free of charge.

Iv asked Mr Binman to clarify, and they told me that basically you can keep the council bins and Mr Binman will re-brand the bins for you after you join. If the council do take the bins away, they will replace them free of charge.

Thanks Sully. Right, um, ok. So Mr Binman are telling us to keep the bins so they can re-brand them as their own, but if WCC remove the bins then Mr Binman will give us some new ones. That's certainly a very practical solution from Mr Binman, but the question remains - who do the bins belong to?

If the bins belong to WCC: Surely WCC have a right to take them back and if Mr Binman re-branded then it's vandalism and theft.

If the bins belong to Mr Binman: WCC have no business taking them away, and to do so would be theft.

If the bins belong to us: WCC have no business taking them away, and to do so would be theft. If my bins are old and smelly and Mr Binman are offering new ones for free, I'd like a set please.

Still confused.. :confused:

Ill ask the council tommrow, I have to call them anyway.

Spoke with the council. The bins they provide to you - you own. Mr.Binman can put there own brand over it, and this is perfectly acceptable. The bins are yours, nobody elses. :)

All Mr.BinMan will do is re-brand it.

• Advertisement

Spoke with the council. The bins they provide to you - you own. Mr.Binman can put there own brand over it, and this is perfectly acceptable. The bins are yours, nobody elses. :)

All Mr.BinMan will do is re-brand it.

Thanks very much Sully. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Frankmc1975

spotting this thread here and was just wondering if anybody actually uses the service or not

And if they could let me know if ts any good..thanks for help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

I'v used them since last march and never had a problem its great having the black bin collected every week most of my rd are now with Mr Binman

thanks a mill for response. And no hidden charges or anything ????

thanks a mill for response. And no hidden charges or anything ????

No hidden charges. Sometimes erratic collection times (not always though, and not really a big deal either). Sometimes brown bin is not collected when it should be (e.g., Monday instead of Thursday)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I find they are great .

No hidden charges. Sometimes erratic collection times (not always though, and not really a big deal either). Sometimes brown bin is not collected when it should be (e.g., Monday instead of Thursday)..
    never had that problem it might be collected abit late ok but always picked up on the day

next wrote: »
    never had that problem it might be collected abit late ok but always picked up on the day

Must just be my street then!

Black + green are picked up about 7.30 brown one between 10- 2.30

• Advertisement

fairplay...good enough for me... thanks for comments...

Advertisement