Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellgate: London

Options
  • 05-11-2007 1:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, i bought this on Friday, and i'm loving it. Its really atmospheric, with some great looking setting (piccadilly circus looks like it does in real life :)). It very diablo, i.e. hack and slash, but great fun. Playing a Summoner and a Blademaster, both of which play very differently.

Will try the multiplayer once i get my net sorted. But i'd say online/co-op would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hmm... how well does it play in first person? I'm guessing its not point and click right. Is it similar to the likes of STALKER?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It plays like a normal FPS when in FPS mode. You move with the WASD keys though, regardless of camera. No point and clicking. It doesnt take into account where you aim though (i.e. theres no hitbox's, afaik). Basically point in the general direction, and you'll hit him. Played as the Marksman (Guns only character), and its good fun. No ammo, so you can go nuts.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Are we talking something akin to Fallout levels of "go nuts" here, except in first person? How is the gore & ultra-violence. I might be sold...

Eh, i haven't really played Fallout (i know, i know...shame) so i'm not sure what you mean. By go nuts i meant you can just fire all the time. And its gory enough i suppose, but without excessive gore (like in Jericho). Typical hell on earth kind of thing.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Kiith wrote: »
    Eh, i haven't really played Fallout

you really should rectify that y'know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Sigh.

Massive disappointment with HGL. For an online game it feels more like Single player. I'd be lucky to get anyone to group up with.

Graphically it's alright, but have a closer look at things and you'll just see how horrid the textures are even on max settings. They're horrible!!

And the customer support is beyond pathetic. For one, EU players are FORCED to make a US account to use the support section, let alone the forums. Even a head admin had the guts to say it was not "feasible" to make a European forum due to the language 'issue'.

Worst yet, EU players are having huge problems with subscribing. E.G. - Charged multiple times, Charged and not having Subscription Status, Charged AND having subscription status BUT having none of the benefits, etc. etc. etc.

This is incredibly ironic how the EU players are being treated, considering to the fact this game is based in London.

This has to be THE worst anticipated gaming releases ever for a lot of people including myself.

This will no doubt damage Flag Ship Studio's reputation, especially to the fact it contained EX-BLIZZARD developers working on it.

This is going to be another Daikatana [however that game is spelt], and be the butt of jokes.

I havent played it online yet, so i havent experienced these issues. Sounds pretty bad though.

Advertisement