Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda RX-8 Good deal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

In 2004 there were two models with a difference of nearly 8-9 grand in price. Now there are a few models hence another reason for depreciation. Had some1 looking to trade in a 2004 231 bhp (Red with leather and sunroof), paid up in 50k for it new and the offer was going to be in and around 21-22k against the new car. I think for the hit ur going to take on the car, i'd go for the 231bhp and get the leather, it won't be a great seller without these. Also don't forget these are very, very thirsty on petrol and taxed as a 1.7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah thats spot on limerick man, and the two available 192 models now are either leather OR leather with sunroof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Táck wrote: »
    you must top it up and you must use the particular oil for that engine (semi synthetic me thinks) otherwise it wont be an over exagerrated problem, trust me! if u look after it, it will look after you.

Same as Any car then yeah ;)

yeah except this one is more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

C_Breeze wrote: »
    OP, see these

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=749466

...and that the 231 hi power model with leather!

If she's really not fussed about the hi power model and if it HAS to be Black, look at this beauty here >> http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=814477

Its black, its the same engine that is in the one she is buying and it also has red/black leather .... and price is cheaper even with her trade-in !

Had a look at that second one. Rang the guy in Kerry. He said he wouldn't be able to offer a warranty on it:eek:. There's 3 months Mazda warranty left on it, and it has a full Mazda service history. Last service was in mid-October. Basically, a private sale. Good idea??

• Advertisement

sounds dodgey as feic to me. why would a main dealer not offer a warranty on a car? even a 6 month warranty would be cutting it fine but NO months?!

it is an import as well. every mazda comes with a 3 year warranty so if this car only has 3 months left, there was definetly not 84,000 cars sold in january of 05, in dublin alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Had a look at that second one. Rang the guy in Kerry. He said he wouldn't be able to offer a warranty on it:eek:. There's 3 months Mazda warranty left on it, and it has a full Mazda service history. Last service was in mid-October. Basically, a private sale. Good idea??

no, a good a idea would be a 231 ;)

.. ah yeah , the mileage is low and there's hardly much to majorly go wrong in yr. It still under warranty anyway. Seems a much better deal that what your partner is gettin which is more expensive and no leather!

And yes it is an import (but hey no mazdas are built in ireland) - whats wrong wth that? personally id see it as a plus seeing as its from the UK ( its not like its a bogey jap import Rx-8)

Advertisement