Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help, trying to unlock my car radio

Options
  • 05-11-2007 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi guys ,

im at a loss, i was taking out my new radio and putting the orginal back in the other day and the radio is asking me for the unlock code - but i dont know it. And im trying to sell the car!

http://www.carzone.ie/838996

Please help, all thats written on the radio is this

Model No : 1J0 035 186 B
    S/N : VWZ1Z3X8502510

and i think the model is this VW Gamma.

Thanks a mill in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

Call VW with Chassis no and reg, this sould be enough for them to give you the details. Also, ask them how to input the code if you are not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

have a look in the boot where the spare wheel is on the left-hand side.
    You will see a white paper with a lot of info on it. Your radio code should be there.
    Also check the manual folder in the glove-box, should be a small CC size paper with the code.
    Failling that, call VW dealer, give them the reg no and you will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Darkslcie

thanks guys ,

already rang VW , they want me to bring in the car so they can plug the radio into some device. and the want 30 for doing it.... :( i cant buy a new radio for that off ebay ...

already checked all over the car for the code but no luck...
    not my day i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

€30 isn't too bad I suppose if they have to take it in to do something. All the same, you shouldn't have to take it in for such a simple job. Hope things work out

as far as i can tell they should have access to a database with all the s/n to codes,

i think all they have to do is type it in, but to be honest i think they want i brought in to make sure it wasnt nicked or something like that...

Its really annoying to think i might have to throw the bloody thing out and replace it all because the radio was switched back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Go to this website and enter your radio details in the non gsm forum. they will sort it for you. I got mine sorted on it last week.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=179

They have regular threads for decoding car radios.

way ahead of you mate

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=284494&page=18
    post #259

and

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=19161&page=39

post #579

cheers for te help would have been a great tip if i hadnt found the place myself

If you get it (the code) to make fun of them (VW dealers), send the VW dealers a link attached to an email.

Just for the crack.

sorry louie, i dont quite follow what your saying there can you re-phrase it?

sorry I was in a hurry. If you manage to get the radio code from the forum, just send the VW dealer a "Thank you but no thanks" email, I got it from here -link- FREE of charge.

The radio code used to be given to you fr Free few years back, when things changed and now they are charging for it.

• Advertisement

the b*tereds, yep think i will email them ill post the reply here when and if i get theis sorted :D

aaaggghhh

i now have a buyer and no code....!!!!!!!!!!

you'll have one by tomorrow. It only took me 1 day to get a reply. Login tonight to see if someone was able to get it for you.

i really hope so,

ill have to book it into a garage just in case for tomorrow.

Try banging your request into this one also.

http://rdecode.proboards51.com/index.cgi#alpinecaraudiodecoding

I got a reply from them also.

many thsnks ,

i just posted there now

fingers crossed

:confused:

looks like no luck on any boards..... :(

well so far the VW havnt talken any of my calls, i've got the "ill get him to call you back" all yesterday and all today!

and no luck with any of the boards i've posted to......

getting to that hopeless stage...

and the icing on the cake is that someones coming to see the car at 6 today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Go straight to a dealer if you really need to get it done. That's what I did with my Fiesta after disconnecting the battery, however Ford only charged €15... then I found the code on a sticker in the boot a few months later... :rolleyes:

thanks mate, but the dealer keep saying ill call you back.... ill try again now.....

nope..... no luck again....

sigh.......

:(

this neil fellow in the VW dealers in galway is impossible to get....

• Advertisement

got it :D o thank god :D

i'm so happy ...

i eventually got through to him

Advertisement