Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Science Fiction Soc!

• 05-11-2007 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

hey guys, i'm looking to set up a science fiction society, mainly to watch and discuss shows etc. , and before i start into it, just want to get a rough idea of the level of interest, not to mention get a few ideas! Anyone interested, message me or leave a post! Initially the shows we will have are:

Star Trek (all seasons),
    Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis,
    Battlestar Galactica (Old and New series),
    Babylon 5,
    Crusade,
    The X-Files.

Hopefully more shows will be added as time goes on. So anyway guys, comments!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Oh dear... here we go again...

2 words for you:

Copyright Infringement.

Just be careful and the best of luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,688 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

screw copyright! :p

anyway Im more of what they call a Closet Geek...... I probably wouldnt sign up :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Overheal wrote: »
    screw copyright! :p

anyway Im more of what they call a Closet Ghey...... I probably wouldnt sign up :)

fixed that for you overheal ;)

And if I were still 12, I might even chuckle.... but alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

You might not take copyright law seriously Overheal, but the college and the copyright holders certainly will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kalmanon

As regards copyright, there are only issues if there is a charge applied on entry, which there wont. If it is just some people sitting in a room watching a DVD there are no issues. I know for a fact that there is an anime society in college at the minute as well, so i dont think issues will arise!

Although there may be concerns among some people, I would appreciate some genuine comments and ideas! So anyone who is interested, contact me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

isnt anime free though?

same rules as any Intellectual Property, as you well know Kazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kalmanon

Guys, the point im making is that i wont be charging entry, so there shouldnt be an issue :D, can we just get back onto the topic of ideas and interest.

And you dont have to be a geek to like sci-fi!:cool:

Advertisement