Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Bookstores

Options
  • 05-11-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

What bookstore do posters rate as the best? In terms of range of books? price of books? and speed/cost of delivery?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've bought plenty of books from Amazon resellers.

Much cheaper than Amazon itself, and you can nearly always buy new.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Dades wrote: »
    I've bought plenty of books from Amazon resellers.

Much cheaper than Amazon itself, and you can nearly always buy new.

Yep, I've bought quite a few from the Book Repository, and always found them good. Ebay can be good for rarer books too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I found the book depository great also, fast enough delivery and free postage. I've never tried Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Montallie

I use Amazon (mainly co.uk but sometimes .com), and always look for the marketplace sellers, who give great value and are very reliable if you look for someone with the best feedback you can get.

I also use www.bookcloseouts.com, which has a great selection at very reasonable prices - even the extra postage doesn't make them too expensive, and the dollar/euro is good at the moment.

I also use Play, who don't charge postage, but they don't seem to have marketplace sellers. Still, you will occasionally get something from them that someone else doesn't have.

Advertisement